Pages:
Author

Topic: The safest wallet? - page 13. (Read 31198 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 1
August 24, 2016, 02:08:19 PM
So, make a copy?  Perhaps multiple copies?

Yeah but then again the more copies the more likely one will be found, that's another problem which is why I'm looking for alternatives

Paper wallets can be created from a seed also.

I just had another thread about that and was told paper wallets didn't have a seed

How do I make a paper wallet with a seed? preferably offline

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
August 24, 2016, 01:51:06 PM
So I mostly use paper wallets for storage which is a risk since if I lose the paper then thats it, game over.

So, make a copy?  Perhaps multiple copies?

a friend told me he simply runs electrum portable from a USB flashdrive . . . the biggest advantage IMHO is that he got a seed so even if he loses the flashdrive he can get his wallet back.

Paper wallets can be created from a seed also.

You still need to store the seed safely and securely.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
August 24, 2016, 01:31:44 PM
So I mostly use paper wallets for storage which is a risk since if I lose the paper then thats it, game over. I been looking for alternatives and a friend told me he simply runs electrum portable from a USB flashdrive only when he needs to send money, then unplugs it meaning that the wallet and the .dat are both offline

Now while is a bit easier to use than a paper wallet the biggest advantage IMHO is that he got a seed so even if he loses the flashdrive he can get his wallet back.

Should I switch to that method? what are the possible vulnerabilities of it?

And before someone mentions "hardware wallet" I live in a country with some heavy import restrictions (on top of fiscal ones) so I rather not order something that could get me questioned by custom officials.
Pages:
Jump to: