Pages:
Author

Topic: The Satanic Temple of Detroit now accepts BTC Donations - page 3. (Read 2987 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
I would hope the primary goal of Satanism is to show the Christian church up for the corrupt hypocritical scam that it is. Mission accomplished, they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that! Satanists don't need any help. the problem is taking care of itself, wouldn't you think?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
You can read the tenets of The Satanic Temple here.

Satanism is a really loaded topic, similar to anarchy. It evokes images in our heads due to the stigmas and social conditioning that don't necessarily correspond to the actuality of the idea. Supernaturalism, devil-worship, sacrificing animals, etc. aren't what Satanism is about. That's just what propagandists would have you believe.

"We understand the Satanic figure as a symbol of man’s inherent nature, representative of the eternal rebel, enlightened inquiry and personal freedom rather than a supernatural deity or being."

Satanism is a challenge to dogma. A challenge to the guilt we burden ourselves with for simply being human. A challenge to rise to your fullest potential from within.

http://thesatanictempledetroit.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34esgm/the_satanic_temple_of_detroit_now_accepts_btc/

Then I think choosing a better name would be a good idea.  Something cool, not something...  medieval.

Because “Christianism” isn't medieval at all.

You didn't get the point.  It's about what Satanism and what the Satanic Temple represents.  And according to OP, it isn't about the Devil behind you right now trying to take over your body until it rots.  It's about personal freedom, enlightened inquiry.  But since Satan and some other terms connected to it are stigmatized as evil or something connected with the Devil, I suggested that they simply choose another name.  A name that fits what it really represents, and something adaptable to modern times.

Agreed, another name would be wise. Also, "enlightened" is a key word, since 'Lucifer' sometimes is associated with enlightenment.
I am not clear on the difference between "Satan" and "Lucifer", are they the same or somehow different?
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Sure.  But it is in my belief that one cannot live without the other.  If the good wants everything good to rule and succeeds, then it can be evil.  And if evil wants everything evil to rule and succeeds, then we're fucked.  Unless BTC = $1,000,000.

I don't think Satanism says that evil doesn't exist, but rather, offers a different perspective on the Christian religion.

Not even just the religion.  But life as a whole itself.  It's good to question these things.  Makes you a more complete person as you grow older. But of course, some people get butthurt.  Some people are getting butthurt now by just talking about Satan.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Sure.  But it is in my belief that one cannot live without the other.  If the good wants everything good to rule and succeeds, then it can be evil.  And if evil wants everything evil to rule and succeeds, then we're fucked.  Unless BTC = $1,000,000.

I don't think Satanism says that evil doesn't exist, but rather, offers a different perspective on the Christian religion.
legendary
I always thought that Satanism stated that the biblical Satan is actually a good guy. Something along these lines:

Sure.  But it is in my belief that one cannot live without the other.  If the good wants everything good to rule and succeeds, then it can be evil.  And if evil wants everything evil to rule and succeeds, then we're fucked.  Unless BTC = $1,000,000.
I always thought that Satanism stated that the biblical Satan is actually a good guy. Something along these lines:

legendary
The Liberty Temple

Why not, right?  Or The Freedom Temple... The Temple of the Enlightened.  Lot's of other really better names.

Edit:  Case in point.  Would you support, "Bitcoin for Satan", or "Bitcoin for Personal Freedom"?  I mean if Satanism really wants to spread wide across the mainstream, get rid of the name.

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
The Liberty Temple
legendary

Satanism is a really loaded topic, similar to anarchy. It evokes images in our heads due to the stigmas and social conditioning that don't necessarily correspond to the actuality of the idea. Supernaturalism, devil-worship, sacrificing animals, etc. aren't what Satanism is about. That's just what propagandists would have you believe.

"We understand the Satanic figure as a symbol of man’s inherent nature, representative of the eternal rebel, enlightened inquiry and personal freedom rather than a supernatural deity or being."

Satanism is a challenge to dogma. A challenge to the guilt we burden ourselves with for simply being human. A challenge to rise to your fullest potential from within.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34esgm/the_satanic_temple_of_detroit_now_accepts_btc/

Then I think choosing a better name would be a good idea.  Something cool, not something...  medieval.

You didn't get the point.  It's about what Satanism and what the Satanic Temple represents.  And according to OP, it isn't about the Devil behind you right now trying to take over your body until it rots.  It's about personal freedom, enlightened inquiry.  But since Satan and some other terms connected to it are stigmatized as evil or something connected with the Devil, I suggested that they simply choose another name.  A name that fits what it really represents, and something adaptable to modern times.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
None of you are w/i 30 miles of this shithole so making any thoughts on it other than this scumhole taking donations in it is just shit. I don't think of Detroit as a bastion of anything worth a crap and then adding in satanism and I'm totally not giving a fuck about it. I'm w/i this groove and this story is worth a trashbag and that's about it and the folks in this particular area, I wager, are garbage in some small way.

Then I think choosing a better name would be a good idea.  Something cool, not something...  medieval.

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I always find it interesting some people think the groups who accept bitcoin reflect positively or negatively on bitcoin.  Last I checked all sorts of shady people take cash.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
Can I buy satanic pacts with BTC too?
legendary
Is this supossed to be good?
I don't really think so...

Satan says it is.
That's good enough for me! Sex, drugs, rock n' roll. In general I tend to love all the things Christians hate most.

Huh?  I was under the impression they love it more.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Another business accepting btc.

All and sundry welcome - whether that be selling pc's, hamburgers, or a belief system.

"Come on, Big Guy! Give me a few bitcoins so I can order from SilkRoad weapons and weed."
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

Satan says it is.
That's good enough for me! Sex, drugs, rock n' roll. In general I tend to love all the things Christians hate most.
legendary

Satan says it is.
legendary
I don't give a shit who accepts or uses bitcoin as long as it helps the price go up.

Praise satan and sign a contract signed with your own blood promising him your soul in exchange for BTC to go up.  It will go up.
legendary

Then I think choosing a better name would be a good idea.  Something cool, not something...  medieval.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Another business accepting btc.

All and sundry welcome - whether that be selling pc's, hamburgers, or a belief system.

Bitcoin will see mass adoption in Indian sub-continent when it'll be used in religious businesses. Imagine, if Vatican can send fund to a Christian Missionary School in Meghalaya's hilly area within a minute using bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: