Pages:
Author

Topic: The scams are coming!!! - page 3. (Read 1926 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
July 23, 2017, 12:31:09 AM
No shit, Sherlock.

Scams are everywhere in bitcoin since the early days.

And I have been watching them since then as well. But this is a bit different I mean big scams that people set up ICOs and get millions and won't ever deliver anything or walk away. People love to use the word scam but I'm talking full on millions taken. Bitcoin scams never bagged anything like as much as the ICOs now. And most ICOs now haven't been scams, money grabs sure but not my definition of scam, i.e. Illegal. I.e. Guy sets up website does an ICO gets a few million and then logs out.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC
July 23, 2017, 12:12:21 AM
I believe scams are everywher specially on alt marketplace. The thing that's best to do is to be vigilant and alert in every ico you are joining or investing, always check the basic things, the devs, the use of the coin and imagine how feasible it is. I think all of us are competent enough to do it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
July 22, 2017, 11:59:14 PM
Agree with ^^ totally.  This is nothing new here, and people would be well advised to NOT invest in these craptastic IPO scams, because that's what they are.  There is no stopping them, tho.  As long as the suckers keep buying them, the scammy devs will keep churning them out.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005
July 22, 2017, 11:48:05 PM
No shit, Sherlock.

Scams are everywhere in bitcoin since the early days.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
July 22, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
I think it was Clif High that said he expects a lot of scam ICO's in the coming period.

I look at a lot of the ICO's now on ANNS and the quality really has fallen off a clif (no pun intended) Most seem like mocked up jpeg wallets and very basic set ups with only 1 or 2 names on the ICO that are just kids still at university. Tread with caution the real scams are coming!!!
Pages:
Jump to: