Pages:
Author

Topic: The SEC Struggles to Recruit Crypto Experts, Report Says - page 2. (Read 251 times)

copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
Hahaha after losing a lot from company like Ripple and Binance in court they currently hiring the experts, Hope they found one  Grin. But I dont know there will be experts who want to join the SEC, like poker player said it will be less attractive  Grin Grin

I imagine that it is not only this, but also that pay in the public sector is usually lower than in the private sector. Getting paid less, having to sell your digital assets and betraying your industry peers on top of that doesn't seem like a very attractive scenario to accept without thinking much about it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
Reminds of that time when the NSA had problems recruiting new talent due to their strict policies regarding past and present recreational drug use. Though supposedly they have revised that ruling not that long ago.

They should just invest on training someone to become crypto expert rather than hire from crypto community that despise them badly.

Imagine freshly trained crypto experts quitting their government jobs to FOMO into crypto Grin
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
I believe that the weak wages compared to the private sector and the disadvantage of selling the cryptocurrencies you own. Most experts are young and prefer jobs that allow them more freedom than government work, which is suitable for those who want to prepare plans for retirement, are all reasons that will make finding such experts very difficult. The price of Bitcoin will rise during the next 18 months. If I want a job that forces me to sell what I own, I would prefer to apply for it in 18 months and not now.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 593
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
Karma is a bitch.  Cheesy

SEC is the reason for many FUD on crypto which every crypto holders is affected. I doubt that someone in crypto industry will help this department that main goal is to suppress anonymity of crypto.

They should just invest on training someone to become crypto expert rather than hire from crypto community that despise them badly.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
"... The agency statutes require professionals to sell their crypto assets to work for the agency."

I imagine that it is not only this, but also that pay in the public sector is usually lower than in the private sector. Getting paid less, having to sell your digital assets and betraying your industry peers on top of that doesn't seem like a very attractive scenario to accept without thinking much about it.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
https://coinedition.com/the-sec-struggles-to-recruit-crypto-experts-report-says/

"A U.S. government report found that the SEC faces difficulty hiring crypto experts.
Professionals were reportedly reluctant to divest their crypto holdings to work for the agency.
The report cited conflict of interest laws and competition from the private sector, hurting expert recruitment.

The SEC has ongoing cases against multiple entities in the crypto domain, including Ripple, Binance, and Coinbase. Against a backdrop of a mounting number of cases, the SEC is reportedly finding it challenging to hire experts in the field of crypto. The agency statutes require professionals to sell their crypto assets to work for the agency."

___
Good news  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: