Pages:
Author

Topic: The SegWit activation was a joke? - page 5. (Read 2415 times)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
August 26, 2017, 07:15:04 AM
Hello guys, I really don't understand all the "excitement" about that SegWit thing. It already activated couple of days ago and still nothing - too many unconfirmed transactions, fees are very high, block sizes are still under 1 MB, and slow confirmations. Where is the promised lightning network? When (if at all) the current situation will change?

The segwit was not a joke, a consensus was clinched for the first time, look at the price rise where did it come from. Like the user above me said bcc is being a pain, a big pain, I had initially expected it to disappear in a week time, but now news comes it's getting lots of hash, and miners will go where they earn most, but what I believe is only matter of few days, so just hold on, I am sure good things will come. Besides no one promised it would improve over night, I am really sure it will work for good.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
August 26, 2017, 07:11:48 AM
It has almost nothing to do with bitcoin cash. Segwit activation is the first step towards adding new features to bitcoin - it doesn't magically speed up all transactions just by being activated. Next all exchanges, wallets and service need to start using segwit transactions for it to actually ease pressure on fees and block sizes. So far only very few segwit transactions have been made as most transactions are still normal transactions and they do not get faster or cheaper just because segwit is activated.

On the other hand what you're currently seeing with fees going up and transactions being delayed is a concerted spam effort coordinated by people trying to make it look like the bitcoin blockchain is congested and needs a controversial 2x upgrade in November which is being pushed by the NYA miners when most of the userbase and developers are against it and will not agree to their threats. It's artificial and does not represent the real economy situation.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
August 26, 2017, 07:06:35 AM
To all the miners - please leave that Bitcoin Cash! Focus only on Bitcoin - the future!  Angry
August 26, 2017, 06:59:01 AM

Well, some say it is because of the bitcoin Cash. SInce bitcoin cash is getting easier to mine, the miners are shifting from Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash and making the confirmations delayed. The block is not the problem but the miners who are confirming it.

Oh, that's very bad...I hope situation will improve a lot soon. Sad
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 26, 2017, 06:54:17 AM
Hello guys, I really don't understand all the "excitement" about that SegWit thing. It already activated couple of days ago and still nothing - too many unconfirmed transactions, fees are very high, block sizes are still under 1 MB, and slow confirmations. Where is the promised lightning network? When (if at all) the current situation will change?

Well, some say it is because of the bitcoin Cash. SInce bitcoin cash is getting easier to mine, the miners are shifting from Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash and making the confirmations delayed. The block is not the problem but the miners who are confirming it.
August 26, 2017, 06:49:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: