Pages:
Author

Topic: The Snowball | Game Changing Hardware - page 3. (Read 15715 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
October 21, 2014, 06:40:02 PM
Isn't this just a raspberry pi that you've installed an OS on with a bunch of wallets?  Why would I (or anyone) pay you to do that for me, when I can easily do it myself with a brand new Pi in a couple hours for $50, and without the need to trust someone else to not put a back door in the OS or otherwise screw up its security...

It is run by a Pi, yes, but we haven't even posted the price. Why would you pay for a miner if you can just buy the chips and boards?

As far as security...I am very well known around here and run an actual, legal business. I would be putting myself at far more risk than any of you if I was playing games with stealing your coins

Thanks for the reply.  I'm sorry that we've never crossed paths, and so I have no reference for who's offering this, and I apologize if my comment came off a little heated.  I guess I was taken aback by the fact that it being a Raspberry Pi was never mentioned in the post, which seemed a little off to me.

As for the comparison to buying a miner vs. building one... I don't think that's 100% fair.  The biggest difference is that a miner is separate from a wallet.  You're offering to compile an OS with wallets for folks, which should be understandably worrisome.  While I trust that you intend only good things, I think you can understand where I may be coming from since you've been around a while... it would not be hard for someone to make a copy of all the private keys in the delivered products and steal funds later.  Unless you addressed that somewhere that I missed.  I suppose a person could always delete any pre-generated wallet.dat files, but that might not be a common skill among the folks likely to want this...

I'm really not trying to attach you.  I'm just trying to raise some concerns I have about this and hope you can think about them...
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
October 21, 2014, 06:06:04 AM
Isn't this just a raspberry pi that you've installed an OS on with a bunch of wallets?  Why would I (or anyone) pay you to do that for me, when I can easily do it myself with a brand new Pi in a couple hours for $50, and without the need to trust someone else to not put a back door in the OS or otherwise screw up its security...

It's a reasonable idea to give people who don't want to build this from scratch something that works out of the box I think. For some people it might be worth it, for others not. I don't see anything wrong with offering people options.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
October 21, 2014, 04:50:03 AM
A little more information about ordering. We have set a max of 5 units per shipping address for pre-orders. This means you will only be able to order one unit each week of the pre-order phase if you choose to max out. Once they are at retail price, there will be no minimum or maximum order size
legendary
October 21, 2014, 12:03:45 AM
Isn't this just a raspberry pi that you've installed an OS on with a bunch of wallets?  Why would I (or anyone) pay you to do that for me, when I can easily do it myself with a brand new Pi in a couple hours for $50, and without the need to trust someone else to not put a back door in the OS or otherwise screw up its security...

It is run by a Pi, yes, but we haven't even posted the price. Why would you pay for a miner if you can just buy the chips and boards?

As far as security...I am very well known around here and run an actual, legal business. I would be putting myself at far more risk than any of you if I was playing games with stealing your coins
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
October 20, 2014, 11:46:14 PM
Isn't this just a raspberry pi that you've installed an OS on with a bunch of wallets?  Why would I (or anyone) pay you to do that for me, when I can easily do it myself with a brand new Pi in a couple hours for $50, and without the need to trust someone else to not put a back door in the OS or otherwise screw up its security...
legendary
October 20, 2014, 11:32:33 PM
legendary
October 20, 2014, 06:33:04 PM
We may expand this device for other coins, as well, but unit purchase payments will be in Maieuticoin

If you are interested in having your coin included as a selection preference during purchase, contact me as soon as possible. I want to hear from coin dev teams, not fanboys. Posting "please add x," without an exceptional post explaining why, will make us not want to support that coin
legendary
October 20, 2014, 01:39:11 PM
Didn't this coin have a hidden premine?

Definitely not. It was fully mined out as MMXIV

What does that mean?

Furthermore, what does this mean? From R3WT's trust rating he left you:

"It is true that i snuck a hidden premine in iGotSpots coin. this rating is here to share my side of the story. I paid him back .4 btc that he paid me to make the coin. He is a good person for allowing me to pay it back and moving on."

That means he stole from me, not the other way around. Notice how he left me positive feedback? This was referring to GAS Coin over a year ago, a project I killed completely on my own after discovering the hidden premine...

Why did you wait until Sept 2014 to leave him a negative trust rating on this?

I changed it to a more appropriate amount. The GAS Coin debacle is very well known in altcoins. Your posts are proving your lack of knowledge to this scene. Trying to spin a negative that happened against me to make it seem like I did something wrong is not going to happen. I'm done talking about something that happened over a year ago in this thread. I gave you the proper link. Use that if you want to continue this conversation
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
October 20, 2014, 01:36:59 PM

What does that mean?

"It is true that i snuck a hidden premine in iGotSpots coin. this rating is here to share my side of the story. I paid him back .4 btc that he paid me to make the coin. He is a good person for allowing me to pay it back and moving on."

That means he stole from me, not the other way around. Notice how he left me positive feedback? This was referring to GAS Coin over a year ago, a project I killed completely on my own after discovering the hidden premine...

Why did you wait until Sept 2014 to leave him a negative trust rating on this?
legendary
October 20, 2014, 01:23:59 PM

What does that mean?

This is The Snowball thread. You can continue your crazy stories about me personally in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/want-to-know-what-igotspots-has-been-up-to-820704
legendary
October 20, 2014, 01:20:21 PM

What does that mean?

legendary
October 20, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

Definitely not. It was fully mined out as MMXIV. Please do not spread misinformation
legendary
October 20, 2014, 01:14:56 PM

Why is it still being sold on the exchanges?
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
October 20, 2014, 11:17:50 AM
Another great add on to a already wonderful coin!
legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
October 20, 2014, 11:11:06 AM
that looks hot!  I want one!   Cool
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
October 20, 2014, 09:08:13 AM
Stand alone staking hardware is actually a pretty good idea. Not bad. Smiley