Pages:
Author

Topic: The Special Ops Surge: America’s Secret War in 134 Countries - page 2. (Read 2393 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I never understood that, even with 9/11. Why go after the US citizens? Why not hit the government who is responsible for it all?

Because the US attacks their rival citizens, and not the rival governments. Take the case of Russia for example.

After US invaded Afghanistan in 2001, they legalized the production of Opium poppy in Central and South Afghanistan. Then they helped the smugglers in exporting the hash and heroin to Iran and Russia, so that the young generation in those countries become hooked to the drugs. Afghan drugs have killed millions of young Russians. In Iran also, hundreds of thousands of young people have died.

So, if I were the Russian president, and if my armed forces were as powerful as the American ones, I'll be definitely targeting the American civilian population. Tit for tat.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
We are everywhere.
You are either with us or against us.  Shocked

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American civilian population.

I never understood that, even with 9/11. Why go after the US citizens? Why not hit the government who is responsible for it all?

Sure, the US citizens are stupid sheep that follow what the government says, but by targeting them you just allow the government to manipulate them into giving up even more power to their handlers. Thus you get things like drones and secret militaries because the government is "protecting us" from further attacks on citizens.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
We are everywhere.

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American civilian population.

Bryant, I am disappointed with your answer.  I'll fix it for you:

I hope in the future a powerful rival to the US will use such drones to launch rockets targeting the American drones.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Killing innocent people is never an acceptable option.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
We are everywhere.

WTF?

Well, otoh, there no need for a "powerful rival". I'm sure those Bundy ranch "patriots" that belong to militias, are at least being watched by drones
legendary
We are everywhere.

No thanks.
We seek peaceful solutions.  Smiley
legendary
We are everywhere.

legendary
We are everywhere.

legendary
lol.. and they are accusing Russia of invading Ukraine. The US is a curse to the humanity... it is just like a cancer.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
In his blueprint for the future, SOCOM 2020, Admiral McRaven has touted the globalization of U.S. special ops as a means to “project power, promote stability, and prevent conflict.”....
So....

THAT'S why they've been practicing on all us US Citizens!

No, wait.  That was the Johnny-Soldier wanna be guys, the fake tough guys on the swat teams that break down the doors and do druggie busts.

I think what he's actually talking about is some kind of mercenary mindset.  Maybe a country buys some fighter jets from us, they are our "friend", and we help their leaders out with some special-ops jobs on their enemies.

Maybe they could be sent out on missions from the UN against those nasty climate change deniers?

LOL...
legendary
They operate in the green glow of night vision in Southwest Asia and stalk through the jungles of South America.  They snatch men from their homes in the Maghreb and shoot it out with heavily armed militants in the Horn of Africa.  They feel the salty spray while skimming over the tops of waves from the turquoise Caribbean to the deep blue Pacific.  They conduct missions in the oppressive heat of Middle Eastern deserts and the deep freeze of Scandinavia.  All over the planet, the Obama administration is waging a secret war whose full extent has never been fully revealed — until now....
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/nick-turse/the-special-ops-surge
In his blueprint for the future, SOCOM 2020, Admiral McRaven has touted the globalization of U.S. special ops as a means to “project power, promote stability, and prevent conflict.”  Last year, SOCOM may have done just the opposite in 134 places.

The U.S.A. cannot afford to pay for this much longer, and we shouldn't be doing it in the first place, imo.
What do you think?

Pages:
Jump to: