Pages:
Author

Topic: The Squeeze is comin! [official thread for panicking] - page 4. (Read 2247 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
All the brokers here don't mine but they do buy on these lows.

Didn't BTC drop to 4k earlier this year? Pretty sure there was more trading than order placing that day. One guy is always on Bisq all day like someone in IT playing WOW at work.

I turned the s7's off now but only been mining since late LY. Not sure what the panic is if you have a plan. Then the people here as extremely helpful and I started a sole proprietorship to get some better costs as my small mine grows and search for cheap power. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 21
4 s9's 2 821's
How you like dem squeezes

Works for me, less cost to accumulate.   
Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...

It hurts for sure!

Ever searching to improve efficiencey, I've been able to reclaim a large amount of wattage by improving the airflow in my mining room/garage. I noticed during the heat of the day my S9's with APW3++ were using 1533W each, and my M3's were using 2300W each!!

Getting the room cooled down the S9s dropped to 1366W each, and the M3s have dropped down to 21-2200W. I am going to have to sell the M3s. I don't want to because they are solid, but I need to accept the reality.

I have all the miners ducted which helps, but I have a GPU rig as well, plus just the radiated heat is keeping the room 4-5* above ambient. I installed a 3000 CFM exhaust fan that has helped quite a bit. It's 102*F today I'll let it go for a few more days to get a good idea on the overall effect.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
Be mindful and do your maths. Your money invested in miners would probably never ROI and better off using the money for miners to buy BTC.

Just my 2 satoshi..

depends...

at .1 BTC not that much of a risk i guess...  Wink
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
yup. Seems a viable explanation...

This chicken is only going to buy more gear, especially when its getting dumped on the market due big boys quitting / bankrupting mining... Smiley

Be mindful and do your maths. Your money invested in miners would probably never ROI and better off using the money for miners to buy BTC.

Just my 2 satoshi..
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
Yep, and I think a good number of big(ger) mines is going down \ bankrupt within the next coming months.

They just have to keep dumping (manipulating) the prices further down. The lower the volume the easier.
Right now people just keep buying the Bitmain gear and don't want to see the whole picture.

If they have the guts to pull this trick till the end of this year, the damage will be great.
Remember how hard BTC did go down at the moment the BTC futures where live?
Well, the LTC futures are coming any moment. So do the math...
GOX coins still need to be sold in this low volume dump market...
I guess some more exchanges will get hacked...

In my opinion we only can go one way. But that is what they wanted for this year.

The extreme rise of last year was manipulated (we all know about Tether) and what is happening now is one big game show where a good number of the market needs to brought down.

The are simple to many chickens in the shed right now.

yup. Seems a viable explanation...

This chicken is only going to buy more gear, especially when its getting dumped on the market due big boys quitting / bankrupting mining... Smiley
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Yep, and I think a good number of big(ger) mines is going down \ bankrupt within the next coming months.

They just have to keep dumping (manipulating) the prices further down. The lower the volume the easier.
Right now people just keep buying the Bitmain gear and don't want to see the whole picture.

If they have the guts to pull this trick till the end of this year, the damage will be great.
Remember how hard BTC did go down at the moment the BTC futures where live?
Well, the LTC futures are coming any moment. So do the math...
GOX coins still need to be sold in this low volume dump market...
I guess some more exchanges will get hacked...

In my opinion we only can go one way. But that is what they wanted for this year.

The extreme rise of last year was manipulated (we all know about Tether) and what is happening now is one big game show where a good number of the market needs to brought down.

The are simple to many chickens in the shed right now.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
40 EXAHASH of mining power .... fucking insane.  And the sheer rate at which more miners keep coming online is crazy.  Blokforge has S9s at $700 now, they were over $4000 6 months ago.

Adding even 100 Terahash of mining power to your farm is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.....

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
This is a great time to change out your units for more efficient/powerful ones. I'm slowly upgrading my 741's to the 8's and picking up some T1's. These difficulty increases still suck tho, and it hurts to spend my BTC at such a low exchange rate.

buy btc with cash then spend it

we are down to 6350  I am going to buy 1000 usd in btc today
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
This is a great time to change out your units for more efficient/powerful ones. I'm slowly upgrading my 741's to the 8's and picking up some T1's. These difficulty increases still suck tho, and it hurts to spend my BTC at such a low exchange rate.
legendary
Bitcoin Difficulty:   5,077,499,034,879
Estimated Next Difficulty:   5,643,030,517,915 (+11.14%)
Adjust time:   After 1632 Blocks, About 10.3 days
Hashrate(?):   39,993,785,389 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.1 minutes
3 blocks: 27.1 minutes
6 blocks: 54.3 minutes

Price still on 6700, dif change in June already +17% and a next estimated of +11%.
S9i cheap gear or something that we dont know?

low cost power people are buying tons of low cost s9i's

I escrowed 1000  different bitmain coupons in the last 3 months.

more then 800 sold to one guy.  so 800 x 14th = 11.2ph   the coupons were 200 230 350 mix  lets say they were 250 average  the s9i is about 700 with a psu -250 = 450

at 4 cents 11.2 ph earns 2600 a day  so he is paying off 5 or 6 s9i's a day if he has 4 cent power
at 5 cents 11.2 ph earns 2328 a day  he would be paying off 5 s9i's a day.

we are watching big money low cost power guys stock up.
Activity: 71
Merit: 17
Bitcoin Difficulty:   5,077,499,034,879
Estimated Next Difficulty:   5,643,030,517,915 (+11.14%)
Adjust time:   After 1632 Blocks, About 10.3 days
Hashrate(?):   39,993,785,389 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.1 minutes
3 blocks: 27.1 minutes
6 blocks: 54.3 minutes

Price still on 6700, dif change in June already +17% and a next estimated of +11%.
S9i cheap gear or something that we dont know?
How many th you have  Shocked

several PH TH isn't gonna cut it in today's world
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Honestly, Solo mining is not that bad. I got a block in 2 weeks.........but it was a BCH tho

How many th you have  Shocked
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
For me, I opted to shut down my miners and wait for further dips.

The bear just got started...
Honestly, Solo mining is not that bad. I got a block in 2 weeks.........but it was a BCH tho
Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
Yes, when mining goes unprofitable you have options.

Shut the machines down and sell <-- To me that's the worst outcome, not only do you lose future gains, but miners are not worth much at the moment so it's a double loss

Shut the machines down <-- again you are losing future profits, but saving electricity and other upkeep costs

Continue mining at a loss <-- If you're able to sustain this you can sort of look at it as just buying the coin

Look at other SHA256 coins. I have to admit, I've been giving profit switching and merged mining a look. It takes more work, but I've been doing better than just straight BTC

Diversify! At the moment my Masternodes are easily helping to suppliment my physical miners. Obviously ROI applies.

Roll the dice and solo mine as a complete hail mary

Look for ways to be more efficient, using coupons and eBay I am going to sell my most inefficient miners and replace with the most efficient I can afford, thus lowering total wattage used and bumping hashrate a bit
Activity: 658
Merit: 21
4 s9's 2 821's
The pattern  seems to repeat  boom bust boom bust boom bust.

Cheap power and lack of stupidity and you should be all right .

And sometimes mining at a small loss (just like running a business) if you can HODL on.
legendary
The pattern  seems to repeat  boom bust boom bust boom bust.

Cheap power and lack of stupidity and you should be all right .
Pages:
Jump to: