Pages:
Author

Topic: The Stablecoin War - page 2. (Read 223 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
October 24, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
First of all, we'll have to see how many of these stablecoins will be really stable and will keep their value. Then, I guess people will choose one or maybe two and will forget the rest. I myself wouldn't trust in any of these stablecoins nor the entities behind them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
October 24, 2018, 12:11:52 PM
indeed, the big markets have been delisted USDT.
and there is also one more stable coin, GUSD or Gemini Dollar.
More and more stable coin competition.
I agree with you, it's better to save on Fiat, or BTC, and also ETH.
Activity: 121
Merit: 4
October 24, 2018, 12:06:16 PM
Bumping this, eager to hear people's perspectives.
Activity: 121
Merit: 4
October 24, 2018, 11:52:33 AM
With yesterdays announcement of USDC it is imminent that there is ongoing stablecoin war occurring,  how will the famous USDT respond to one of the leading entities in blockchain pushing out a competing asset? Let's not forget the new fiat-pegged asset to the scene TUSD, how will these entities compete with the biggest giant in the game and the easiest portal to liquidate and buy digital assets. Tether has executed some amoral approaches before, what stops them to execute with this in mind again in order to exit with some sort of profit? Coinbase and Circle are certainly in the lead with this war and it will be interesting to see how exchanges that utilise the other stablecoins will respond.

If you ask me, I think these assets are a huge risk and could drop to zero at any time due to the centralised ability of increasing the supply behind the majority of them. You may ask why do these assets incorporate such a method? It's obviously to keep the monetary value stable if a significant amount of revenue is induced to the assets eco-system. Regardless I'd rather just keep my revenue in fiat or in crypto, not in a variation that combines the two.

What's your take on this all BCT? Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: