Pages:
Author

Topic: The swiss are seeing the paper money fraud and are voting on gold backing - page 2. (Read 2538 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

What I am curious about re the Swiss referendum is whether the Swiss will be forced to buy 1500 tonnes as I believe they will have to do should it pass.  1500 tonnes is lot of gold (48,225,000 oz).

FOFOA has mentioned that it is hard to buy more than, say, 100 tonnes of physical at once.  Even for a Central Bank, buying large amounts of physical is hard.  And look how much trouble Germany is having getting gold back from the FRBNY...

But, if Switzerland were to "buy" their gold via the vaults of the BIS, and NOT demand that the gold leave the BIS, then maybe buying the 1500 tonnes would be more like buying "paper gold" rather than the physical.  The BIS is in Switzerland (Basle) though, so perhaps that might count as gold stored "in Switzerland".

there is a good chance this will expose the paper gold lies.
unlike Germany if this passes the swiss government has to by law demand the gold back, unlike Germany who just took the bullshit excuses as to why they can't get their gold back.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

What I am curious about re the Swiss referendum is whether the Swiss will be forced to buy 1500 tonnes as I believe they will have to do should it pass.  1500 tonnes is lot of gold (48,225,000 oz).

FOFOA has mentioned that it is hard to buy more than, say, 100 tonnes of physical at once.  Even for a Central Bank, buying large amounts of physical is hard.  And look how much trouble Germany is having getting gold back from the FRBNY...

But, if Switzerland were to "buy" their gold via the vaults of the BIS, and NOT demand that the gold leave the BIS, then maybe buying the 1500 tonnes would be more like buying "paper gold" rather than the physical.  The BIS is in Switzerland (Basle) though, so perhaps that might count as gold stored "in Switzerland".
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
We need some bitcoin propaganda for the Swiss voters.
They will discover that bitcoin is far better than a gold back currency.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Direct Democracy ftw, wish we had their system over here Sad we could have stopped Iraq at least partially.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
This is hypocrisy at its best. They have stored stolen fiat from all over the world making them poorer, and now suddenly are seeing the fraud.
Well they also stored a lot of stolen gold too!
Not sure if it's still there Grin
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
This is hypocrisy at its best. They have stored stolen fiat from all over the world making them poorer, and now suddenly are seeing the fraud.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Swiss is a place where tons of fiat rich people store their fiats at. I's against their interest that the fiat scam ends, therefore, I doubt it will happen.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
Pages:
Jump to: