Pages:
Author

Topic: The Switzerland of Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 21969 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
June 07, 2015, 07:05:59 AM
How about Uruguay, since you need a country small enough that they feel profit from its position,
and politicians that wont get easily bribed by banks or other financial institutions.
Their president seams straight up person, and i doubt they would mind being the best at atleast something :]

Are you implying that people in Uruguay arent the best at anything ??
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 08, 2015, 04:01:59 PM
How about Uruguay, since you need a country small enough that they feel profit from its position,
and politicians that wont get easily bribed by banks or other financial institutions.
Their president seams straight up person, and i doubt they would mind being the best at atleast something :]

Bitcoin needs freedom, it needs the people to understand the value of really owning your wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
February 08, 2015, 03:33:19 PM
February 08, 2015, 03:28:12 PM
I think Belize would be able to become the "Switzerland of Bitcoin" in the future  Smiley

I doubt it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 08, 2015, 02:36:50 PM
I think Belize would be able to become the "Switzerland of Bitcoin" in the future  Smiley
February 08, 2015, 12:44:11 PM
All of these countries can become better Bitcoin market places. There is still a lot of work to do.

There could be more than a Switzerland of Bitcoin like there is more than one place that is business friendly.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
February 08, 2015, 12:33:24 PM
All of these countries can become better Bitcoin market places. There is still a lot of work to do.
February 08, 2015, 07:34:25 AM
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 08, 2015, 06:25:35 AM
well swiss will never be becuse they are de centralization of all banks its unbelivalbe thay would aceppt bitcoin that is too much registred as being crime form midle east but they do aceppt all soo i dont know lol
www.V.systems
February 07, 2015, 07:50:32 AM
This topic has such a funny name that I have to ask whether Switzerland might be the Switzerland of bitcoin.

I thought I would read China as the Swiss bank of Bitcoins.

Not any more they arent, countries that are predominantly communist like China and Bangladesh are strictly against Bitcoins and all that it stands for, but for some reason Russia are still very open towards it.
www.V.systems
February 06, 2015, 03:24:47 PM
The recent news of Dominica and the initiative named  “Let the Bit Drop” was compelling enough to have their island's name put up on the poll.

Anyone knows of any bct forum threads related to any of these parties involved : Coinapult, Aspen Assurance, Bitcoin Beauties, and the College Cryptocurrency Network (CCN)
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
February 06, 2015, 02:32:05 PM
Awesome thread.
BTW id say Panama, 0 internet laws.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
February 05, 2015, 01:05:19 PM
This topic has such a funny name that I have to ask whether Switzerland might be the Switzerland of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
January 31, 2015, 11:15:32 PM
I dont drink you can draw a papel with fiat, bitcoin is global and its everywhere.
But i guess china could be it if they start buying like crazy again.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 31, 2015, 03:49:58 AM
im living in portugal now i wish i could be a better place for indicator fo a crypto courrencies its just plug the net and plug the paypal and plug the bank acount and euros come out that would be good.
www.V.systems
January 30, 2015, 11:36:14 PM

I agree, the OP left out it from the poll, which is funny since Netherlands has the most ATM's and the most liberal ideology there (actually libertarian) ,which I really admire.

I am from the Netherlands and based on the population I would vote yes. The population is very internationally oriented, most people posess an advanced level of English and many also one ore more other foreign languages, the population is tech savvy, everywhere in the country there is superfast internet and Dutch people are big online consumers and even grandparents buy stuff online. Furthermore, everyone uses iDeal, a money transfer systems that all webshops accept and allows you to buy instantly goods online with your debit card. There are systems that allow you to buy and sell Bitcoins in seconds with your debit card and without any account nor verification such as www.bitonic.nl. In certain Dutch cities such as Amsterdam, The Hague or Arnhem, there are already a lot of shops and services accepting Bitcoin. Heck, Arnhem is the Bitcoin capital of the world! In my surroundings (I have to admit, I study in a university, so the people here are already a bit more tech savvy) I see quite an interest in Bitcoin. In 2013 during the autumn bubble, I have explained many of them about Bitcoin and at least 10 other students from my study now also possess Bitcoin. Many of my friends as well. So population wise: definitely a yes!

Furthermore, a lot of Bitcoin companies are locating themselves in Amsterdam, such as for example Bitpay.

Even my parents have a 'Bitcoin wallet' now, since I talked them into using Gems Smiley

The Netherlands could be a Switzerland of Bitcoin, for Europe at least. Let Hong Kong or Singapore be it for the world Smiley

Very true. I'm also from the Netherlands. My study mates, 2 brothers and my parents also have a Bitcoin wallet(more then 1 bitcoin each). People in my neighborhood are open to try something.

Did they acquire the coins to hold it as a novelty (virtual) item ? or are they actually looking to use them as a currency ?
No country can be the 'Switzerland of Bitcoin' unless there is a thriving exchange of the currency itself.
Activity: 559
January 10, 2015, 04:35:36 PM

I agree, the OP left out it from the poll, which is funny since Netherlands has the most ATM's and the most liberal ideology there (actually libertarian) ,which I really admire.

I am from the Netherlands and based on the population I would vote yes. The population is very internationally oriented, most people posess an advanced level of English and many also one ore more other foreign languages, the population is tech savvy, everywhere in the country there is superfast internet and Dutch people are big online consumers and even grandparents buy stuff online. Furthermore, everyone uses iDeal, a money transfer systems that all webshops accept and allows you to buy instantly goods online with your debit card. There are systems that allow you to buy and sell Bitcoins in seconds with your debit card and without any account nor verification such as www.bitonic.nl. In certain Dutch cities such as Amsterdam, The Hague or Arnhem, there are already a lot of shops and services accepting Bitcoin. Heck, Arnhem is the Bitcoin capital of the world! In my surroundings (I have to admit, I study in a university, so the people here are already a bit more tech savvy) I see quite an interest in Bitcoin. In 2013 during the autumn bubble, I have explained many of them about Bitcoin and at least 10 other students from my study now also possess Bitcoin. Many of my friends as well. So population wise: definitely a yes!

Furthermore, a lot of Bitcoin companies are locating themselves in Amsterdam, such as for example Bitpay.

Even my parents have a 'Bitcoin wallet' now, since I talked them into using Gems Smiley

The Netherlands could be a Switzerland of Bitcoin, for Europe at least. Let Hong Kong or Singapore be it for the world Smiley

Very true. I'm also from the Netherlands. My study mates, 2 brothers and my parents also have a Bitcoin wallet(more then 1 bitcoin each). People in my neighborhood are open to try something.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 10, 2015, 01:10:58 PM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
January 10, 2015, 07:19:50 AM
Russia would be the most obvious Bitcoin state, but they seem dead against it. Zimbabwe maybe??
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 10, 2015, 04:53:01 AM
It would have to be Sweden, they're the only country that truly remains neutral..out of everyone's business, doing their own thing an keeping cool with everyone.

An alternative would be the Cayman Islands, was that on the list?

Sweden =/ Switzerland

Haha not even Switzerland does that anymore, they are minions of the EU now.

They devalue their currency, then they peg it to the EUR.

And now they even vote down the referendum to get more gold reserves.

They are clearly being infested with globalist Keynesian manipulators.
Pages:
Jump to: