Pages:
Author

Topic: The Three Questions: What do you propose? - page 2. (Read 3416 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 11, 2014, 04:23:15 PM
I propose you're asking loaded questions, so your purpose isn't to seek a discussion but to inject your forgone conclusions into others.

I have no forgone conclusions about parecon - I don't know enough about it. So I would therefore, welcome a discussion on it. The question wasn't loaded - it was speculative.

Do you have anything to add ? Or are you gonna tell us all everything will work out OK in the end - I'm alright Jack etc ?
    (Those were loaded questions you fuckin dimwit.)

BTW- you're a bona fide troll and you're now ignored
Dude, I was replying to OP, not you.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 11, 2014, 03:44:23 PM
I propose you're asking loaded questions, so your purpose isn't to seek a discussion but to inject your forgone conclusions into others.

I have no forgone conclusions about parecon - I don't know enough about it. So I would therefore, welcome a discussion on it. The question wasn't loaded - it was speculative.

Do you have anything to add ? Or are you gonna tell us all everything will work out OK in the end - I'm alright Jack etc ?
    (Those were loaded questions you fuckin dimwit.)

BTW- you're a bona fide troll and you're now ignored
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 11, 2014, 03:37:32 PM
Merit: 500
November 11, 2014, 03:14:41 PM
In the light of the 2008/09 crash do you know the best solution the UK Government could come up with ?   The Vehicle Scrappage Scheme . What a joke.

Seems to me that there's something very wrong here.

Anyhow, as to solutions, how about a dose of Participatory Economics ?

How might the blockchain help facilitate a participatory economy ?
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
November 11, 2014, 01:59:42 PM
1) I disagree with the premise that the market economy requires consumption in the context described in the video. I agree that the planet's resources are limited, but I disagree with his assumption that a market economy cannot sustain itself under these limits. In fact, he contradicts himself by pointing out that it has in the past.

2) Automation results in cheaper goods, which means that people have to work less in order to sustain themselves. Keep in mind that the goal is to work less, not to work more. Anyway, he responds directly to my answer, but I disagree with his hand-waving response.

3) I don't have an answer to the question, but I completely disagree with his statement, "there is no principled difference between being killed by a gun shot to the head ... or dying of heart disease because of the causal chain reaction set in motion by the market economy."

Furthermore, he says the low economic status is the leading cause of death, but that can also be stated as high economic status is the leading promoter of life. We should all be striving for a higher economic status, but ironically that is exactly what he is arguing against.
Merit: 509
November 11, 2014, 08:35:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGyKuyGhaE

The Three Questions: ( please watch video before answering the below as the premise is explained as in great detail. )

1) Given the market economy requires consumption in order to maintain demand for human employment and further economic growth as needed, is there a structural incentive to reduce resource use, biodiversity loss, the global pollution footprint and hence assist the ever-increasing need for improved ecological sustainability in the world today?

2) In an economic system where companies seek to limit their production costs (“cost efficiency”) in order to maximize profits and remain competitive against other producers, what structural incentive exists to keep human beings employed, in the wake of an emerging technological condition where the majority of jobs can now be done more cheaply and effectively by machine automation?

3) In an economic system which inherently generates class stratification and overall inequity, how can the effects of “Structural Violence” - a phenomenon noted by public health researchers to kill well over 18 million a year, generating a vast range of systemic detriments such as behavioral, emotional and physical disorders – be minimized or even removed as an effect?
Pages:
Jump to: