Pages:
Author

Topic: The truth about the Bitcoin Foundation - page 3. (Read 2957 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 05, 2015, 07:47:08 AM
Do we really need  Bitcoin Foundation?
As a decentralized currency, a centralized organization is totally inappropriate。

Yes, we need it but they should remember that bitcoin is decentralized .... and their influence should not be so high, because without a large consent their decision be equal to zero.

And some of you think Doge is a pump and dump shitcoin...  Shame on you... Grin

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/31gmub/dogecoin_4_bitcoin_the_bitcoin_devs_need_our_help/

EDIT:  And yes, Bitcoin is bankrupt in the news incoming...

Dogecoin is only an altcoin, like litecoin and all the others (but their old initiatives are very good).
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 05, 2015, 07:41:25 AM
And some of you think Doge is a pump and dump shitcoin...  Shame on you... Grin

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/31gmub/dogecoin_4_bitcoin_the_bitcoin_devs_need_our_help/

EDIT:  And yes, Bitcoin is bankrupt in the news incoming...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
April 05, 2015, 06:47:08 AM
Do we really need  Bitcoin Foundation?
As a decentralized currency, a centralized organization is totally inappropriate。
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 05, 2015, 06:44:51 AM
Aren't they just developers of Bitcoin Core ?

How can they control bitcoin if bitcoin is decentralized currency ?
I think foundation is no needed anymore

They don't control Bitcoin. It's a member association who is collecting money from members and use it to pay some of the devs so that they can focus fulltime on bitcoin. Furthermore they do PR and some lobbying as fas as I know.
It's like Mozilla Corp.

Who decided who gets to be the main devs? The Bitcoin Foundation must have a big influence over them considering it pays them. It might not completely control Bitcoin, but it must have a big influence on the main devs, which gives it a certain amount of control over Bitcoin.

The problem here is that "no one" can real control bitcoin as technology, if tomorrow the "dev team" will release a new update and the large quantity of the miners don't agree with this update .... what will happen? So I don't care about bitcoin foundation, they should work as "volunteers" and not employees.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
April 05, 2015, 06:42:02 AM

They don't control Bitcoin. It's a member association who is collecting money from members and use it to pay some of the devs so that they can focus fulltime on bitcoin. Furthermore they do PR and some lobbying as fas as I know.
It's like Mozilla Corp.

Who decided who gets to be the main devs? The Bitcoin Foundation must have a big influence over them considering it pays them. It might not completely control Bitcoin, but it must have a big influence on the main devs, which gives it a certain amount of control over Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
April 05, 2015, 06:27:30 AM

It's like Mozilla Corp.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 05, 2015, 05:59:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2015, 03:41:18 AM
Wa probably this is the reasons why the price plummets recently!

no i think thats just to do with china miners dumping all last year.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Jahaha
April 05, 2015, 03:35:14 AM
How much money do the core devs make from the foundation ?
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
April 05, 2015, 03:05:10 AM
Olivier Janssens. I love this guy!

Patrick Murck: Blame Vod!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1021
April 05, 2015, 01:54:55 AM
no organization or anyone for that matter should claim to have control over bitcoin in the first place.

They don't claim to have control over bitcoin. That's just what O. Janssens claims
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 05, 2015, 01:52:34 AM
I don't why the concept of foundation exist in the first place. If we are so firm on decentralization, should it be that no organization or anyone for that matter should claim to have control over bitcoin in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1050
April 05, 2015, 01:45:33 AM
so new twist will about to come soon about bitcoin with new kind of troll with bitcoin foundation inside story, i think that is just one sided story many more thing will about to come out.
legendary
Activity: 950
April 05, 2015, 01:32:22 AM
Wa probably this is the reasons why the price plummets recently!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
April 05, 2015, 12:22:34 AM
A lot of drama going on right now with the foundation...

Olivier I'm not going to respond to your trolling and false accusations. Enjoy your moment in the spotlight.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 05, 2015, 12:04:57 AM

power corrupts...you need some kinda rules/setup to tweak the bitcoin core...and perhaps pay for coders etc.....not sure ...how does it work for linux stuff?

no idea ...but does not bode well if there is not someway to 'herd the cats' on how to do improvements in code at least ....so some kinda fix i guess is needed.

just another bad result from bitcoin price 'tanking' 2/3 in price from jan or so

Pages:
Jump to: