Pages:
Author

Topic: The truth about the current bubble - page 3. (Read 4646 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 04, 2015, 03:23:58 PM
No doubt in my mind that this is a bubble. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how high it will go before it pops. My strategy is to hedge by selling small amounts on the way up and the buy it all back after the bubble pops.
isn't better to buy all the way up and if it pop you start selling? in this way if it not pops you have a good stash of coins, and if it pops you have also your profit
with your strategy if it will not pops or it will half pops(price correction at 600+ after a dump from 900-1200 for example) you will lose more
i can be sure that we won't see again 1200-230....never seen a strong bubble repeating itself in exact same way

Your strategy of buying on the way up and selling just before the bubble bursts won't work because you don't know when the bubble will burst, so you will be buying at the top and selling at the bottom.

My strategy is a hedging strategy. If there is no bubble, then the value of my bitcoins will be higher, but lower than it could have been. On the other hand, if there is a bubble, then the value of my bitcoins will be higher than if I did nothing. Either way I'm ahead.

"i can be sure that we won't see again 1200-230 ..." <--- Pure speculation.

you don't need to know the exact top you only need a signal in terms of %, this signal can e a dump of 10%-25% or 33%, i would not go higher

never seen a bubble repeating itself in the exact same way, so no, it's not really speculation, is more speculative to say the opposite...
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
November 04, 2015, 03:21:23 PM
Alright, so from what has transpired so far, I think we can agree that this spike in price is unnatural and highly suspicious. Clearly someone or some group of people are behind this sudden surge in price....

The prime suspects imo are:

1. Winklevoss twins. The brothers have just opened shop for their new exchange "Gemini." A price spike now would spur interest in Bitcoin and by extension, their trading platform.

2. China: This country is usually the culprit when it comes to price pumping. Not to mention the Chinese exchange Huobi is where the price seems to be the highest. And with the news about the devaluation of the Yuan, it makes perfect sense that wealthy Chinese would start buying up BTC in handfuls and as a result, raising prices.

This doesn't seem like just some random hike in price. It reeks of conspiracy. Someone or some people are pulling the strings here...
Perhaps both suspects are contributing? Then again, it could be neither of them and I may just be rambling on with my tin foil hat Smiley
Activity: 244
November 04, 2015, 02:30:55 PM
I sold between 350 and 400. Just spent my last .5 btc on some ltc on bittrex. Planning on buying back under 300.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
November 04, 2015, 02:13:59 PM
No doubt in my mind that this is a bubble. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how high it will go before it pops. My strategy is to hedge by selling small amounts on the way up and the buy it all back after the bubble pops.
isn't better to buy all the way up and if it pop you start selling? in this way if it not pops you have a good stash of coins, and if it pops you have also your profit
with your strategy if it will not pops or it will half pops(price correction at 600+ after a dump from 900-1200 for example) you will lose more
i can be sure that we won't see again 1200-230....never seen a strong bubble repeating itself in exact same way

Your strategy of buying on the way up and selling just before the bubble bursts won't work because you don't know when the bubble will burst, so you will be buying at the top and selling at the bottom.

My strategy is a hedging strategy. If there is no bubble, then the value of my bitcoins will be higher, but lower than it could have been. On the other hand, if there is a bubble, then the value of my bitcoins will be higher than if I did nothing. Either way I'm ahead.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
November 04, 2015, 01:57:03 PM
did you read this because you hope it is just a bubble?
you sold everything yesterday and hope that the price goes down to buy again?

please be honest.

No I didn't sell a satoshi. And I'm not going to start selling even it goes over $500 again (now its $458 btw). Why would I? I don't have so much Bitcoins that selling them even at $1k would make a big difference in my life. I just like to have some Bitcoins thats all, I'm not going to sell them. )
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
November 04, 2015, 01:53:41 PM
well, thats it?

going down again. or just like the short stop @330$ and up agin?

now 458 @bitstamp

Could be the start of a bubble popping or just a slight correction/draw back, there's no real way of knowing this early on. Just hang on and enjoy the ride, the price is really turbulent and changing REALLY fast right now. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
November 04, 2015, 01:46:28 PM

3)EU court declares bitcoin a taxfree asset.

It's not tax free. It's just been declared VAT free to buy and sell like all other currencies. Individual countries have different rules regarding capital gains. If it was declared capital gains free then that would have people running.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
November 04, 2015, 01:30:32 PM
1)Chinese capital control implemented early this september, making it harder for the 150 billion dollar currently flooding out of China every week to make it through.

2)Chinese officials "unofficially" declaring bitcoin legal to trade through banks, causing mass buying and lots of new btc-startups. (When they made it illegal it made the last "bubble" crash because of the news that went worldwide)

3)EU court declares bitcoin a taxfree asset.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115533/bitcoin-price-bulls-driven-by-china-as-weekly-rsi-nears-2013-levels

Read the news instead of speculating the price guessed on hunches.  Wink
Activity: 455
EarnBitcoins.INFO
November 04, 2015, 10:15:54 AM
This is getting crazy!

Why is the price going up like crazy right now???

History, in the making.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2015, 10:12:31 AM
This is getting crazy!

Why is the price going up like crazy right now???
Activity: 455
EarnBitcoins.INFO
November 04, 2015, 09:59:50 AM
Honestly I thought it was going to stop at around $350. I sold everything at that price.. but it seems like it just doesn't know where to stop.

I bought back 50% of what I had and I am going to hold it.. $100 per day is too good to be true though!

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
November 04, 2015, 08:14:40 AM
I bought last time at under $300, as long as the price is higher than that, I am happy.
If the price goes crazy and I feel it is a bubble, I will sell.  Last time I did that too early at $800, but we will see what happens, no doubt if the rise continues at current pace, people will start chasing the market upwards and get carried away.  I don't know what price that would be though.

I won't be averaging up though, I bought a while ago and am happy with my holding.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 04, 2015, 07:31:19 AM

Activity: 910
November 04, 2015, 03:38:32 AM
Not sure about bubble specifics just yet, but the growth does seem to be unsustainable - the important factor for me is where we may stabilize afterwards. If we go all the way back down to $200 then I think we can say for sure it was a bubble.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
November 04, 2015, 01:58:00 AM
Nope, but it's still rising too fast, something still looks fishy.
And I hoped for some possible answers, not for silly games  Huh

Bitcoin was HEAVILY underrated, it is the first, it is the most prooved and accepted, also the network couldnt be maintained with the price bitcoin had the last year, power costs money Wink
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
November 04, 2015, 01:53:50 AM
did you read this because you hope it is just a bubble?
you sold everything yesterday and hope that the price goes down to buy again?

please be honest.

I read this because I thought you knew the truth of who was buying into the price and running it up...but alas you are like everyone else. No explanations only speculation.

I did not sell. I do not home the price goes down again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 04, 2015, 01:39:57 AM
This is surely one big bubble. Yesterday I saw bitcoin's price at 340 today's 440 Huh 100 dollars in less than one day? No way! This is too good to be true and there's something fishy about the price
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
November 03, 2015, 10:45:25 PM
Hoping the price stable at 400$ or 500$ maybe?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 03, 2015, 09:38:57 PM
I did my last buys between 240 and 330 USD last month, so I'm sitting quite comfortably on the sidelines now.

Have to admit I didn't expect this fast a rise, it caused me to buy a little more than planned (was buying every month, bought for 3 months in one go now, just to be safe rather than sorry).
you are in a good positions! Keep calm and hodl
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
November 03, 2015, 09:36:48 PM
Pages:
Jump to: