Pages:
Author

Topic: The UK Public & Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 6363 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 14, 2013, 10:09:31 PM
Thanks for the comments, I was looking at Bitstamp earlier, I think I ended up leave the site as the exchange would require up to 5 days, at the moment I am looking for quick conversions. If I have to I will use Bitbargin or Local, it is a shame though because I can't see the general population sending their money over to anon users like. I know we do that all the time now days but it is one of those things the mainstream would rather just ignore and go back to getting ripped off through their FIAT accounts.

On the brighter side at least we can dabble in international markets and learn from any mistakes, once the UK catches on(hopefully) we might even have our own micro climate.

I just remembered  Angry, Blockchain!!! Thanks for letting me sign up, only to find out that depositing money from the UK has been disabled. This is very annoying considering they list UK as an option before signup, they just have not bothered to update the info I guess.

If you got online banking with faster payments I'd recommend bitbargain I was hesitant at first but the bitcoin they send you is kept in escrow on the site before you even pay anything so they can't just run off with your money, and once u've used a seller once it becomes easier and they won't be as anonymous cos you have they're bank details n name, so you can just keep using the same same seller if you prefer.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
April 14, 2013, 09:36:42 PM
Guide to buy bitcoins from UK (at the popular exchanges): www.bitcoinUK.blogspot.com

explanation on this bank crackdown @ UK: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1bxrrw/playing_devils_advocate_why_bitcoin_will_crash_to/c9b6gr4
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 14, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
This should help you out and you will get a free transfer using the link I have provided

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1780968

Thanks, I have bookmarked and I will read through in detail when I am up.
Activity: 658
Caveat Emptor
April 14, 2013, 08:59:57 PM
This should help you out and you will get a free transfer using the link I have provided

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1780968
April 14, 2013, 08:57:26 PM
Thanks for the comments, I was looking at Bitstamp earlier, I think I ended up leave the site as the exchange would require up to 5 days, at the moment I am looking for quick conversions. If I have to I will use Bitbargin or Local, it is a shame though because I can't see the general population sending their money over to anon users like. I know we do that all the time now days but it is one of those things the mainstream would rather just ignore and go back to getting ripped off through their FIAT accounts.

On the brighter side at least we can dabble in international markets and learn from any mistakes, once the UK catches on(hopefully) we might even have our own micro climate.

I just remembered  Angry, Blockchain!!! Thanks for letting me sign up, only to find out that depositing money from the UK has been disabled. This is very annoying considering they list UK as an option before signup, they just have not bothered to update the info I guess.
Activity: 662
April 14, 2013, 08:51:29 PM
Pingit was cool while it lasted. You can still buy here:
http://bitcoinfridge.co.uk

Oh, would this make things any easier?
https://www.entropay.com/entropay-top-five-advantages

I'm not sure or really looking to buy at the moment... just waiting on BFL  Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 14, 2013, 08:19:09 PM

I use bitbargain, and have found the transactions to be very fast and easy.

You know Bitstamp.net are based in europe and can do SEPA deposits? Although you can only Trade in Dollars I think which is stupid.
Activity: 680
April 14, 2013, 08:11:58 PM
There is 10-20% extra commission cost for UK citizens right now and many will pay it just to get a single BTC or thereabouts. Any more and they want a better deal. Until there are better deals they will just buy 1, mostly. Watching localbitcoins.com when somebody comes in with a 5-10% above MtGox spot price for any sizeable amount, say 5000+, it's gone very quickly. The big buyers will go to dollars first, it is the only real option. The UK banks will close you down as soon as they see or hear the word "competition". Sorry, "bitcoin".
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
April 14, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
I want to create this thread, slightly out of frustration although I would also like some thoughts. I will have funds in a few hours and I want to buy Bitcoins. The problem is the UK appears to be very limited in regards to services that will exchange GBP to BTC. At the moment I am aware of Localbitcoins and Bitbargain, are these the only services available for the UK? How can those of us who are UK residents get around this issue, maybe I am just missing something really obvious? I have been really trying to push some of my own Bitcoin projects forwards yet I am getting a growing feeling that I will only be able to target the international market as the UK laws (banks) are rejecting the digital currencies.

How can we convince an ordinary UK citizen to go through the laborious process of exchanging GBP to BTC, just for the pleasures of taking what will feel like a big risk to them. At this early stage I think it is essential that people can move around their money, I can't expect UK customers to purchase from my channels and to be honest, I will probably save myself anyway due to the difficulties above. So are the major banks disabling bank transfers to Bitcoin exchanges or are they using courts and the legal system to do the dirty work?

bitspend.net allows you to buy anything on the Internet with bitcoins.

If you ever plan on buying anything on the Internet, you may want to change over to bitcoins.
April 14, 2013, 08:01:00 PM
I want to create this thread, slightly out of frustration although I would also like some thoughts. I will have funds in a few hours and I want to buy Bitcoins. The problem is the UK appears to be very limited in regards to services that will exchange GBP to BTC. At the moment I am aware of Localbitcoins and Bitbargain, are these the only services available for the UK? How can those of us who are UK residents get around this issue, maybe I am just missing something really obvious? I have been really trying to push some of my own Bitcoin projects forwards yet I am getting a growing feeling that I will only be able to target the international market as the UK laws (banks) are rejecting the digital currencies.

How can we convince an ordinary UK citizen to go through the laborious process of exchanging GBP to BTC, just for the pleasures of taking what will feel like a big risk to them. At this early stage I think it is essential that people can move around their money, I can't expect UK customers to purchase from my channels and to be honest, I will probably save myself anyway due to the difficulties above. So are the major banks disabling bank transfers to Bitcoin exchanges or are they using courts and the legal system to do the dirty work?
Pages:
Jump to: