Pages:
Author

Topic: The ultimate truth - page 2. (Read 5839 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 23, 2013, 05:44:40 PM
Want to stay safe? Buy gold..

Want to risk and win? Invest in bitcoins
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Lex Ad Impios
March 23, 2013, 01:07:21 PM
Thanks!

That's some awesome memorabilia!  I love old film stuff like that.  I'm not a collector but you would probably get some decent money for that if you find a collector.  Old junk like that can be worth more than most people realize.

A friend was scraping for cash to save a historic local theater out near Pittsburgh years ago and things were looking bad.  The contractors were all ready to come and tear it all down but a month before the bulldozers rolled they found an original Metropolis poster that fell behind some chairs while they were cleaning the place.  They auctioned it quick and that poster saved the theater and paid for the restoration.
Activity: 196
March 23, 2013, 12:25:24 PM
Digging thru the garage yesterday for junk to sell for btc and...came across this. Got a laugh this morning seeing this post.

zif
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
March 22, 2013, 06:13:51 PM
Looks like some of you are forgetting to stay paranoid.

Best post/avatar combo evar.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
March 22, 2013, 01:45:06 PM
Bitcoin is the only available massively-adapted, recognised and guaranteed facility to preserve your savings . (Period)

Please show this mass adaptation that you perceive.

By Bitcoin using networks in a decentralized and public manner, along with creating a fixed supply with a large amount of divisibility, that is the mass adaption.  People will find out how useful that is and the number of nodes will increase. 

Wait, i may have confused adapted with adopted.

OP, do you mean adapted or adopted?

He meant adapted m8 Smiley
So then, what does massively adapted even mean?
 Huh

Activity: 122
March 22, 2013, 01:38:16 PM
Bitcoin is the only available massively-adapted, recognised and guaranteed facility to preserve your savings . (Period)

By Bitcoin using networks in a decentralized and public manner, along with creating a fixed supply with a large amount of divisibility, that is the mass adaption.  People will find out how useful that is and the number of nodes will increase. 

He meant adapted m8 Smiley
Lex Ad Impios
March 22, 2013, 01:20:47 PM
Looks like some of you are forgetting to stay paranoid.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
March 22, 2013, 12:50:32 PM

Who is guaranteeing my bitcoins?  I was under the impression that if the value tanked, I'm SOL.

The world is guaranteeing your bitcoins. If bitcoin tanks, everyone's SOL, and nobody wants that to happen.
Activity: 224
March 22, 2013, 09:58:27 AM
I'd take an implied promise based on the mechanics of bitcoin over an guarantee signed in the blood of vestal virgins by Bernanke himself
Activity: 199
March 21, 2013, 05:26:18 PM

Who is guaranteeing my bitcoins?  I was under the impression that if the value tanked, I'm SOL.
March 21, 2013, 04:57:23 PM

+1

nothing more to dicuss here
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 21, 2013, 04:36:57 PM

Should I show you a picture? Anyway, You will definitely see it in several months if you don't see much evidence right now.
March 19, 2013, 08:06:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
March 19, 2013, 05:02:07 PM

March 19, 2013, 04:21:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
March 19, 2013, 03:11:50 PM

Bitcoin is the only available massively-adapted, recognized and guaranteed facility to preserve your savings . (Period)

EXACTLY - I have been sayings this for quite some time.  Bitcoin is becoming a "wealth reserve asset" fast than a "currency".   I am glad to see someone else alluding to this point.  I agree.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
March 19, 2013, 01:52:46 PM
I think it would be foolish to have all your eggs in one basket.  Gold, silver, platinum have thousand year track records.

As cool as Bitcoin is, it's still in Beta.

That’s true, but…if you buy a large amount of metals, you do need a (bank) safe. Bitcoins are much easier to keep safe, even in Beta mode:+)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500
March 19, 2013, 01:38:39 PM
I think it would be foolish to have all your eggs in one basket.  Gold, silver, platinum have thousand year track records.

As cool as Bitcoin is, it's still in Beta.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 19, 2013, 12:46:16 PM
There are also physical gold and silver, which are only slightly inferior to Bitcoin.

The only possible advantage is that you might trade 'em with those barbarians who like shiny things... Meanwhile physical gold and silver are super-easy to detect and steal.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
March 19, 2013, 12:39:33 PM
There are also physical gold and silver, which are only slightly inferior to Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: