Pages:
Author

Topic: The wallet is not responding! - page 2. (Read 205 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 443
July 07, 2023, 04:46:54 AM
Electrum is not designed to handle a large number of transactions such as several thousand transactions, so if you are running a store with an average of thousands of transactions per month, it is better to consider another software.

I need someone to confirm this information, but I think that in the current situation, you may need to run your own electrum server, as some servers you are trying to connect to may have DoS-protection for more than 1,000 addresses requests.
https://electrumx.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Or you can extract the private key of those addresses and include it in Bitcoin Core. ( get list addresses and then use this command)

Code:
./electrum getprivatekeys

Wait for someone else to confirm this information. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
July 07, 2023, 04:15:42 AM
I too will recommend Electrum, it has been the best bitcoin SPV wallet. But before Electrum will fully synchronize all your transactions and display your the correct balance, it will take time. You just have to wait and make sure the Electrum fully synchronize with the blockchain.

Remember to back up your seedphrase/privkey before doing any of the above.
He should backup seed phrase immediately after creating a wallet. Only what I will expect him to do is to check that the backup is the same as the one on his wallet. He may not do the backup and you are right, but I am just trying to point out something. To backup immediately after creating a wallet.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
July 07, 2023, 03:45:42 AM
Try to uninstall the wallet, then delete data in all associated directories[1] (according to your device's OS).
(I'm not sure if it's also necessary to restart the device, it won't hurt to try that). Final step, you can install the latest version of electrum and restore the wallet.
Remember to back up your seedphrase/privkey before doing any of the above.

1. https://electrum.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#where-is-the-electrum-datadir-located
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
July 07, 2023, 03:40:31 AM
As long as you have the seed phrase, your funds are safe.
So, do you still have it? (don't post it anywhere and don't send it to anyone)
If everything goes wrong, you could just uninstall Electrum, clear the datadir and restore your wallet using that seed phrase.

Perhaps there's something wrong done during the upgrade like the client still running in the background while the update is installing.
Or your device/PC cannot handle those 3000 transactions since Electrum isn't designed to hodl huge amount of transactions.

Please provide a screenshot of the issue since the error isn't common.
Also mention your system's specs.

But (as a heads-up) you'll encounter a big problem when spending those transactions: the fee for spending a lot of inputs.
Since you got 3000 transaction, you can't spend those in one go (max of 100,000vB) and each of your outbound transaction would cost a lot of fee for having a large vsize.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
July 06, 2023, 11:48:55 PM
We collected small transactions for one wallet for a whole year, we got 3000 transactions. But each time the wallet took longer to open, and at one point it just took 30 minutes to load. We decided to withdraw the money, somehow entered the password and he thought for 2 hours. We have restarted and updated it. And now the whole DOES NOT ANSWER window is written, not a single button is pressed, neither the menu, nor the coins - the window just hung. Please help, we have been working for a whole year and here is such a disaster.

Pages:
Jump to: