Pages:
Author

Topic: The whales are cashing out - page 3. (Read 847 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109
December 21, 2017, 10:54:39 AM

Read this one: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640
And then tell my that it is not based on rational analysis. And, please, tell me why this time - for the first time in 800 years - it is different.

Everything the link says is that bitcoin will crash someday.. It's not saying that it will crash today.. While your original post is just about guessing that it will crash today, like you guessed - and were wrong - last time..
And btw I'm not saying that this time is different..

Actually, you should tell me why this time is different?? why among all the previous falls in bitcoin price it recovered to a much higher price, but this time it's gonna burst??

You are literally commenting on the content of the link without even reading what the content is? The link - as would be evident - is to a book on Amazon. As you will see because it deals with 800 years is not specific on Bitcoin. It is hard-core analysis showing exactly why it is never different - and never has been. I can see why you have a tough time understanding new items when you approach to anything not fitting your preconceived notions is simply dismissed based on what you guess the content is, not what the actual content is.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
December 21, 2017, 10:52:29 AM
It's the same game (zero sum, like all securities/commodities markets all over the world).  Sell it down and buy back in.   
Activity: 133
Merit: 37
December 21, 2017, 10:48:47 AM

No real point in discussing with you as you are clearly incapable of rational analysis. The crash is coming, that is unchanged. That this is a bubble is beyond any doubt. That the bubble is driven by a combination of greed and sheer blind stupidity is also beyond a shadow of a doubt. The whales are in the process of cashing out, leaving the naive to take the fall.

The same reply, again and again.. Every time someone puts you in the corner you say that he is incapable of rational analysis...
Just show me one sentence based on rational analysis in the whole quote pyramid in your post!
Even your original post is based on stupid speculations and still you come here and talk about rational analysis..
you were wrong last time.. you'll be wrong this time.. and you'll be wrong every next time in the future...

Even if bitcoin is a bubble and even if it bursts one day, no one of us will be able to tell that "this drop" is the last one that "this time" is the time bitcoin will collapse.. It didn't burst any time when the price dropped in the past, so why should it burst now? Thus, the best strategy is to act like it's not the last drop because most probably it won't be..

Read this one: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640
And then tell my that it is not based on rational analysis. And, please, tell me why this time - for the first time in 800 years - it is different.

Everything the link says is that bitcoin will crash someday.. It's not saying that it will crash today.. While your original post is just about guessing that it will crash today, like you guessed - and were wrong - last time..
And btw I'm not saying that this time is different..

Actually, you should tell me why this time is different?? why among all the previous falls in bitcoin price it recovered to a much higher price, but this time it's gonna burst??
Activity: 2044
Merit: 181
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 21, 2017, 10:44:30 AM
This is true, but I suggest to hold and be patient. Don't get affected on the price dropping. I will hold my bitcoin because I am thinking of on the future that for sure I can gain profit if I will patiently wait on that day that I can en-cash in the right time. Maybe If I can have my 1 btc for the future that would be great.

I agree with you mate patience and calm guys do not panic about bitcoin falll down that is not healthy for us, for my observation about bitcoin dump and pump have a good effect, if bitcoin dumping the price for the short time and wait the bounce back and huggable interest profits return can get.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 10:42:29 AM

What are you talking about man? The only thing in that post you just made that is even relevant to this discussion is the invention of the modern financial system. Which is now old, defunct and just about to be re-invented so also has very little relevance.

If you think the financial system today is the same as it was 800 years ago then you clearly know absolutely nothing about the financial system.

Stop digging mate. You're in a hole you can't get out of already.

Try thinking a bit, that usually helps.

So you genuinely mean that the whole industrial revolution was not relevant for the financial development?
That the population explosion was not relevant for the financial development?
That the invention of modern communication tools (and computers) was not relevant for financial development?

If this is truly what you believe, then your understanding of economics (and history) is indeed very very poor.

This time is clearly not different - right down to ill-informed short sighted people hyping the latest craze because to them this time it is different

Aww, resorting to insults already, very weak.

The industrial revolution came out of requirement for more stuff and due to advancements in technology. The financial system that built up around it had nothing to do with it. This is basic stuff, shame you can't seem to get your head around it.

The population explosion happened because we could produce more food, better medicine and hygiene. Once again it had nothing to do with finance that yet again grew beside it but not because of it.

You're argument is like an old woman's fart. It's weak, watery and has no substance to it.
December 21, 2017, 10:38:30 AM

No real point in discussing with you as you are clearly incapable of rational analysis. The crash is coming, that is unchanged. That this is a bubble is beyond any doubt. That the bubble is driven by a combination of greed and sheer blind stupidity is also beyond a shadow of a doubt. The whales are in the process of cashing out, leaving the naive to take the fall.

The same reply, again and again.. Every time someone puts you in the corner you say that he is incapable of rational analysis...
Just show me one sentence based on rational analysis in the whole quote pyramid in your post!
Even your original post is based on stupid speculations and still you come here and talk about rational analysis..
you were wrong last time.. you'll be wrong this time.. and you'll be wrong every next time in the future...

Even if bitcoin is a bubble and even if it bursts one day, no one of us will be able to tell that "this drop" is the last one that "this time" is the time bitcoin will collapse.. It didn't burst any time when the price dropped in the past, so why should it burst now? Thus, the best strategy is to act like it's not the last drop because most probably it won't be..

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 10:37:57 AM
I dont think that whales are cashing out but they are only changing token. Dont panic bro this is just the beginning  Grin
December 21, 2017, 10:37:08 AM

What are you talking about man? The only thing in that post you just made that is even relevant to this discussion is the invention of the modern financial system. Which is now old, defunct and just about to be re-invented so also has very little relevance.

If you think the financial system today is the same as it was 800 years ago then you clearly know absolutely nothing about the financial system.

Try thinking a bit, that usually helps.

So you genuinely mean that the whole industrial revolution was not relevant for the financial development?
That the population explosion was not relevant for the financial development?
That the invention of modern communication tools (and computers) was not relevant for financial development?

If this is truly what you believe, then your understanding of economics (and history) is indeed very very poor.

This time is clearly not different - right down to ill-informed short sighted people hyping the latest craze because to them this time it is different
Activity: 133
Merit: 37
December 21, 2017, 10:36:39 AM

December 21, 2017, 10:33:06 AM
Hey freightjoe, you're biggest problem here is you are trying to compare a crypto market to a normal market. It's not even a valid comparison, can't be and never will be.

Anyone cashing in BTC for fiat is an idiot and if they sell 10,000 Bitcoin at once and the price drops a few thousand dollars then I will happily buy them.

So basically your argument is that this time it is different?

Try a little reading: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640

It is a solid well-researched book covering the last 800 years showing that it is never different in terms of financial bubbles. And don't delude yourself into thinking the world has not seen tremendous technological inventions in the past 800 years.....

This time it's different in comparison to what? of course it's different because it's brand new.

It's not a financial bubble because it's not financial. It's technological. It's like comparing the travel logs of steam ships from London to New York vs the same trip done on Concorde. There is no comparison.

The markets will have to reinvent themselves over and over again for the next few years because we still don't even know what Cryprocurrency is yet. So there is absolutely no validity in any comparison or prediction you or anyone else makes.

Stick to the facts. Crypto is the future, Bitcoin is crypto gold and there will only ever be 21 million of them. The rest, right now, is irrelevant.

I am sticking to the facts. In 800 years we have seen the invention of the modern financial system, the printing press leading to a mass-enlightenment of the global population, the steam engine, the combustion engine, railways, electronics, instant global communication, an explosion in global population from a few tens of millions of people to 7 billion - and through all of this change, the underlying financial developments were essentially the same over and over again.

Yet in all of this you claim that crypto is so wildly revolutionary that this time it is different? That would be ahistoric, narcissistic and delusional.

December 21, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
I am wondering where you can find this information about the whales cashing out? There is some report talking about it?

What I have read is about Charlie Lee getting rid of all his Litecoins: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-20/after-7-500-rally-cryptocurrency-founder-sells-all-his-coins  which created a bit of doubts and fear, but after his explanation (bit weird for me, but I prefer to think that each one of us have different believes and reasons to do what we do) it seems that no crash happened with Litecoin.

So, how we can know about effects of whales cashing out, if we already don't know if that is happening for sure?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4127707-just-sold-half-bitcoin
http://nordic.businessinsider.com/this-danish-billionaire-just-made-a-killing-on-bitcoin-2017-11/

Lol, so these two links which are the same story and that have zero way of being confirmed are your entire argument?

Lol, typical behaviour of people with religious fervor not wanting to learn. And, yes, Bitcoin is a religion with the devoted constantly chanting "hodl" in the hope that is will save them. It will never matter to the believers how many or how few links are posted, it will never be enough. And after the shock of the crash they will be looking for someone else than themselves to blame for their misfortune.
December 21, 2017, 10:27:20 AM
Hey freightjoe, you're biggest problem here is you are trying to compare a crypto market to a normal market. It's not even a valid comparison, can't be and never will be.

Anyone cashing in BTC for fiat is an idiot and if they sell 10,000 Bitcoin at once and the price drops a few thousand dollars then I will happily buy them.

So basically your argument is that this time it is different?

Try a little reading: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640

It is a solid well-researched book covering the last 800 years showing that it is never different in terms of financial bubbles. And don't delude yourself into thinking the world has not seen tremendous technological inventions in the past 800 years.....

This time it's different in comparison to what? of course it's different because it's brand new.

It's not a financial bubble because it's not financial. It's technological. It's like comparing the travel logs of steam ships from London to New York vs the same trip done on Concorde. There is no comparison.

The markets will have to reinvent themselves over and over again for the next few years because we still don't even know what Cryprocurrency is yet. So there is absolutely no validity in any comparison or prediction you or anyone else makes.

Stick to the facts. Crypto is the future, Bitcoin is crypto gold and there will only ever be 21 million of them. The rest, right now, is irrelevant.

I am sticking to the facts. In 800 years we have seen the invention of the modern financial system, the printing press leading to a mass-enlightenment of the global population, the steam engine, the combustion engine, railways, electronics, instant global communication, an explosion in global population from a few tens of millions of people to 7 billion - and through all of this change, the underlying financial developments were essentially the same over and over again.

Yet in all of this you claim that crypto is so wildly revolutionary that this time it is different? That would be ahistoric, narcissistic and delusional.
December 21, 2017, 10:26:57 AM
I am wondering where you can find this information about the whales cashing out? There is some report talking about it?

What I have read is about Charlie Lee getting rid of all his Litecoins: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-20/after-7-500-rally-cryptocurrency-founder-sells-all-his-coins  which created a bit of doubts and fear, but after his explanation (bit weird for me, but I prefer to think that each one of us have different believes and reasons to do what we do) it seems that no crash happened with Litecoin.

So, how we can know about effects of whales cashing out, if we already don't know if that is happening for sure?

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/this-danish-billionaire-just-made-a-killing-on-bitcoin-2017-11/

Lol, so these two links which are the same story and that have zero way of being confirmed are your entire argument?
December 21, 2017, 10:22:21 AM

What I have read is about Charlie Lee getting rid of all his Litecoins: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-20/after-7-500-rally-cryptocurrency-founder-sells-all-his-coins  which created a bit of doubts and fear, but after his explanation (bit weird for me, but I prefer to think that each one of us have different believes and reasons to do what we do) it seems that no crash happened with Litecoin.

December 21, 2017, 10:19:45 AM
I think it is wrong you need to see them it is because the price is dropping does mean they are selling most of them are waiting for the right time and they still holding there coins for the next year the price is deopping the volume and demand are decrease too maybe try to hold your bitcoins.
That is right, I am holding my bitcoin as well regardless of the price right now, although the current price is dropping I won't still cash out my btc as I am securing some of it in the future, hope that before the year ends the value of bitcoin will be back again to $20k or better if more than that.

Much, much, much more that $20K  Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
December 21, 2017, 10:17:43 AM
The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

The result is the following:

- Whales are cashing out, converting to fiat
- Newbies are buying from the whales in the hope of continues increases
- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

There is no evidence of your theory, this is completely speculation.
Bitcoin price is just $16,200 at the moment, and bitcoin get more attention since it reaches $10,000. It makes sense to cash out at the peak instead of at current market situation. Which mean, big whales already cashed out when bitcoin reach $20,000 or they may want to wait for bitcoin reach $50,000 or even higher price as the best price to extract the profit. ALthough, it's not profitable for smaller investors to cash out when the mempool flooded with so many unconfirmed transactions, better to wait until all thing get fixed and bitcoin reach a higher point.
Activity: 325
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 10:15:52 AM
I think it is wrong you need to see them it is because the price is dropping does mean they are selling most of them are waiting for the right time and they still holding there coins for the next year the price is deopping the volume and demand are decrease too maybe try to hold your bitcoins.
That is right, I am holding my bitcoin as well regardless of the price right now, although the current price is dropping I won't still cash out my btc as I am securing some of it in the future, hope that before the year ends the value of bitcoin will be back again to $20k or better if more than that.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
December 21, 2017, 10:15:43 AM
The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

The result is the following:

- Whales are cashing out, converting to fiat
- Newbies are buying from the whales in the hope of continues increases
- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

We should not do the same an rather be awared that it is probably because of Christmans whereas people are in need of money to buy presents for their families or to just buy the things that they want. They are selling because there are only limited countriws where it can be used directly so the only way is to sell it. But surely, it will eventually increase, so just HOLD.
Activity: 28
December 21, 2017, 10:15:14 AM
I wont say they are cashing out, this was really small drop.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 10:13:19 AM
Wow it's you again! wonder where you've been all this time  Huh
However, you're right about the part that it's harder for small investors to make transactions, but the thing you're wrong about is the price collapse, bitcoin is never gonna collapse!! Every time the price dropped you came here saying the same shit and creating fud..
Who knows why? Maybe you're employed by a whale investor or maybe you yourself are an investor and you want the price to go down as much as possible to buy at the lowest price..

To everyone who's reading this don't listen to him!! Just go to his profile and see how most of his posts are full of shit talk about Bitcoin
lol he's back why the moderator didn't ban him i've reported him numerous times because of his copy paste posting in the past

They don't want to censor people, which is fine. People can have their different opinions about BTC and share them. We can just ignore his threads and they'll drop out of sight if we want to.
It seems we like to engage the troll, which is what he wants and what some of us apparently want as well.

Pages:
Jump to: