Pages:
Author

Topic: The world will not use BTC. - page 3. (Read 1908 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 29, 2013, 06:20:25 AM
Woah what a speculation. I can see the possibility of this happening, but the world has several people who will stop such things from happening. This house has two who will make a gateway to russia and sweden if our access to global internet goes away. Though we have not heard of such news in finland, but related to spying we are building more secure networks for the government and companies. If some country refuses use of some currency they are dumb for not just taxing the currency. If I would run some government I would allow crypto currencies and tax them and sell the coins back to people for receiving the fiat currencies or trade the coins for some countrys currency I could get more than my own.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 29, 2013, 06:06:37 AM
I can't find anything supporting your claim about the Chinese government banning vendors from using BTC, so you'll have to provide a link. Regarding VC laws - their previous ruling on them was targeted toward a centralized VC which was undermining the Yuan (the Chinese gov't recognized the ban would be effective because they could pressure the issuer, which immediately caved). Bitcoin, a global currency, has a much more dire consequence for the USD than the Yuan, which is probably why the Chinese gov't hasn't done much about Bitcoin (bitcoins still trade at a large premium on Chinese markets, so I guess nobody told them about the ban either). Additionally, it's pretty odd that CCTV, which is obviously closely-watched by government officials, will openly talk about Bitcoin if the Chinese gov't has a hostile attitude toward BTC.

On Internet fragmentation - this is plausible, though there's really no reason to cut off trade of data (the real benefit here is to ditch ICANN, which doesn't require simply disconnecting all other "Internets"). It's also very possible for any country to form their own Bitcoin offshoot. There is no reason North Korea, for example, cannot have NKcoin. Maybe this is no good for the price of bitcoins, but it doesn't impede the move toward virtual currencies at all, and bitcoin may remain as a reserve currency whether the country suffers extreme oppression or not.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
November 29, 2013, 06:06:14 AM
All you said is speculation. There is Speculation section Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0

And cutting Internet accessible only within one country would mean huge financial loss for state budgets  Wink
Activity: 59
November 29, 2013, 06:01:22 AM
you are saying that internet will be obsolete. You must be kidding me.

Internet wont go anywhere and no one's going to stop people from internet. It is a basic right.

You can go ahead in believe what you want. But I won't be moved by it.
Activity: 42
November 29, 2013, 05:51:48 AM
The chinese government is going to ban all vendors from doing transactions with BTC. Its already in the works, look it up at google.hk

Also, alot of you people who have this idea. That bitcoins will be used as a medium for transactions throughout the world are very wrong.

FYI- The Internet is about to be broken up, and not interconnected with the world soon.

Alot of you members havent heard about this, and the news media hasnt even talked about it.

But after the NSA spying scandal. All governments throughtout the world are building there own INTERNET system, seperated from the USA internet.

The world wide web will be dismantled in the next.2-3 years, so it will be impossible for BTC to be used
  from country to country.

Each country will control of its own internet. So this dream that BTC will be used for.transactions.everywhere is dead.

Souce-

http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_10_28/BRICS-countries-are-building-a-new-Internet-hidden-from-NSA-7157/
Pages:
Jump to: