Pages:
Author

Topic: The world's central banks should get ready for negative interest rates - page 2. (Read 606 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Negative interest rates means a plus for bitcoin and crytocurrency generally. I do believe that one of this days bitcoin will become the world most adopted currency. Bank has not been do well lately and I think it because of the transfer people are now making through bitcoin and some others coins. Resection is going to create economic diversification and bitcoin will be the best option for the world's central bank.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Banks are baked by depositors, i hope banks should face a bigger demolishment soon because cryptocurrncies have taken much place in whole world's economy and in the hearts of traders as well.
I would like to decrease use of banks right now rather than cryptocurrencies if all people in my locality start accepting cryptocurrency.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Kenneth Rogoff, a professor at Harvard University and one of the world's most prominent economists, said central banks across the globe must start preparing themselves to introduce negative interest rates during the next global recession.

Negative rates are already in place in several major economies around the world, with the European Central Bank, the Bank of Japan, but other banks around the world would be wise to make preparations as well, Rogoff wrote in a new paper for the Journal of Economic Perspectives.

He said:
"The growth of electronic payment systems and the increasing marginalisation of cash in legal transactions creates a much smoother path to negative rate policy today than even two decades ago."

Negative interest rates will kill the financial industry and help for mass cryptocurrency adoption around the world.There`s no point to deposit money in the banks anymore.They are funded only with loans from the central banks,which print money and increase the "marginalization of cash". Grin
Thank you very much bankers.Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies will succeed because of your failure. Grin
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Kenneth Rogoff, a professor at Harvard University and one of the world's most prominent economists, said central banks across the globe must start preparing themselves to introduce negative interest rates during the next global recession.

Negative rates are already in place in several major economies around the world, with the European Central Bank, the Bank of Japan, but other banks around the world would be wise to make preparations as well, Rogoff wrote in a new paper for the Journal of Economic Perspectives.

He said:
"The growth of electronic payment systems and the increasing marginalisation of cash in legal transactions creates a much smoother path to negative rate policy today than even two decades ago."
Pages:
Jump to: