Pages:
Author

Topic: Then what will happen to your account? - page 3. (Read 251 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
July 03, 2022, 11:45:49 AM
After a user passes away, the most appropriate action imo, is for the account to become idle.

I wouldn't want to associate a veteran account to a new entity behind the keyboard who we all know nothing about. The forum is of course anonymous and no one knows who is who personally, but through someone's posts, replies and demeanor, it's possible to build a sort of personality about them.
Transfer of account would creates lots of challenges, especially in the trust system.
A total newbie could just walk only a DT1 account.

Then  Can't we see the good deeds from these big reputed people's account?
All posts remain public and anyone can easily access them.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 596
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
July 03, 2022, 11:41:48 AM
It can be passed to someone that you want to entrusted it and it’s legal since this is just an internal transfer as long as the new owner will follow all the rules in the forum. Usually DT just give a neutral feedback for change of ownership to mark that the account change hands.

If the owner die without transferring the account, It will just be dormant and will never gonna open again unless a hacker manage to hack again the forum database which happened few years ago and sold all those dormant account. But in general it should be just in dormant status.
Activity: 826
Merit: 753
Living Life with Hemophilia🤡
July 03, 2022, 11:37:48 AM
I will ask  a question to this community member's. Maybe it's looks werid  but suddenly this question arises in my mind. And the question is:
"what will happen to your account when you passed away ?"
  • Will you pass it on to your children? (Is it legal in this forum ?)
  • Or will everything end there?
  • Then  Can't we see the good deeds from these big reputed people's account?

Pages:
Jump to: