Pages:
Author

Topic: there is only ONE thing we really need - page 2. (Read 3919 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
April 16, 2011, 04:50:46 PM
What we really need is a bootstrapping mechanism to ease of exchange.

That's what the OP is talking about...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
April 16, 2011, 04:50:25 PM
Buying/selling shares should be not possible at first place (it makes things more compilcated too). If bank grows stronger, shareholders (all bank clients) could decide if it is needed or not. Some voting system wolud be needed for that bank too

Well yeah, it wouldn't be different from the way most companies work, you know.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 16, 2011, 04:48:35 PM
Buying/selling shares should be not possible at first place (it makes things more compilcated too). If bank grows stronger, shareholders (all bank clients) could decide if it is needed or not. Some voting system wolud be needed for that bank too

of corese that is IMHO  Wink
Activity: 55
April 16, 2011, 04:37:12 PM
i don't know if buying shares from others should be forbidden or not . i am looking to brainstorm the idea for the benefit of local community currency and the advancement of a fair system. just discovered bitcoin and looks like a good fit. anyone with ideas to bounce around would be helpful.
legendary
April 16, 2011, 04:30:08 PM
I am thinking of creating a co operative bank where all members will own an equal share in it and all digital currency issued would also be backed by silver.

Does that mean that buying shares from others would be forbidden?   Undecided
Activity: 55
April 16, 2011, 04:24:56 PM
Hi, i have just discovered bitcoin through searching out for a ways to back a digital currency with the tangible asset of silver, as well as link it to a pre paid mastercard or visa so that it would be instantly inter changeble with the fiat currency system. i am thinking of creating a co operative bank where all members will own an equal share in it and all digital currency issued would also be backed by silver.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
April 16, 2011, 04:17:49 PM
What we really need is a bootstrapping mechanism to ease of exchange.
legendary
April 16, 2011, 04:16:53 PM
That is what I thinked today also. An open, independent, non-profit bitcoins accsepting bank. A really good quality e-bank at first - that would attract people and almost free international transactions is a silver bullet.

I really don't mind if they try to make some profit.   Bitcoin is all about free market, after all.
Activity: 6
April 16, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
That is what I thinked today also. An open, independent, non-profit bitcoins accsepting bank. A really good quality e-bank at first - that would attract people and almost free international transactions is a silver bullet.

legendary
April 16, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
I have already said it but I'd like to insist a bit and to repeat it.   Bitcoin doesn't need to go mainstream to be efficient and to fullfill its purpose.    Currently the bitcoin project only needs one thing:  an efficient bridge towards the current financiary system.

We need a "bitcoin friendly" bank.   Basically a conventional bank that would be aware of bitcoins and would offer  automatic conversion via exchange market, using nothing but your VISA card (possibly in conjonction with a smartphone).

In such a bank you could, if you want, not store any significative amount of national currency, nor bitcoins.   When you want to buy something in a store, you use your bank smartcard, and during the transaction process, your bank automatically converts some bitcoins you've just sent into the necessary amount of national currency you need.

With this, we don't even need to promote bitcoin and to convince millions of non-geeky people to use bitcoins.   And it's a good thing, because otherwise it would be hopeless.

We should never rely on other people's smartness to do things.

IMHO

PS.  I think the guys from MtGox are currently working on something like that.
Pages:
Jump to: