Pages:
Author

Topic: There is still widespread confusion about BitShares PTS and Protoshares - page 7. (Read 8716 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
runpaint

Exactly what wannaPlayCK said.  Download the latest wallet, 0.93.  It takes time to sync and hits the disk drive hard so be patient.  This is obviously fixed in 2.0.  Register a name if you have not.

Import your PTS wallet.  Hit your account button in the upper right and click advanced > console.

Two commands.

wallet_account_vesting_balances "name" without the " will show  whats vested/vesting
wallet_collect_genesis_balances "name" without the " will collect the vested balance.

and try to keep an eye on  https://bitshares.org/ - https://bitshares.org/blog/ - https://bitsharestalk.org/

you're responsible for following your investment.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
December 2014 is when I bought PTS - just last year, the same year Stan Larimer made the above promise that buying those shares would get me drops of all future DACs.

But I have held the BitShares PTS for 10 months, and I have never gotten a single drop of any DAC.  Why doesn't BitShares keep their promises?

Because they're all a bunch of no good, worthless liars.
Activity: 547
Merit: 502
runpaint

Exactly what wannaPlayCK said.  Download the latest wallet, 0.93.  It takes time to sync and hits the disk drive hard so be patient.  This is obviously fixed in 2.0.  Register a name if you have not.

Import your PTS wallet.  Hit your account button in the upper right and click advanced > console.

Two commands.

wallet_account_vesting_balances "name" without the " will show  whats vested/vesting
wallet_collect_genesis_balances "name" without the " will collect the vested balance.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

But I have held the BitShares PTS for 10 months, and I have never gotten a single drop of any DAC.  Why doesn't BitShares keep their promises?

You got BTS. More than you're expecting because PTS and AGS got bought out during the merger, iirc. Most of it is still vesting. You also got NOTE and the BTS you got is about to get sharedropped on.

Import your PTS wallet and any wallets you donated to AGS from, the find the console in BTS type start typing 'vested' and pick the last option and add the account you want to claim it to and you can claim some now, and more over time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

This is why there was the merger last November between BitShares, DNS, Vote, and PTS etc...  

Yeah, I also had some BitShares DNS.  Poloniex delisted it and I found out that there was no way to withdraw it because the blockchain didn't exist anymore.  Thankfully, Poloniex refunded my purchase of DNS since it was worthless and not a real coin.

There was a nice site explaining it all called BitShares reloaded however can't find it anymore.

But you can still find the site where Stan Larimer promises that every future DAC will be dropped to PTS holders.  

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/caution-watch-for-falling-pts/

When you say they were merged in November, what does that mean?  BitShares PTS took a snapshot in December and performed a share split, so the devs were still active in PTS at that time.  

December 2014 is when I bought PTS - just last year, the same year Stan Larimer made the above promise that buying those shares would get me drops of all future DACs.

Activity: 547
Merit: 502
BitShares itself (not PTS) can and is being used for sharedropps already.

Cool story.  

I'd like to see more sharedrops using Bitshares PTS snapshots, since Stan Larimer promised that every future DAC would be dropped to PTS holders.  

Is that a broken promise from Bitshares, or will they use PTS for drops?

This is why there was the merger last November between BitShares, DNS, Vote, and PTS etc...  There was a nice site explaining it all called BitShares reloaded however can't find it anymore.  AGS holders also got their PTS returned which was quite a nice surprise.

Cool story.  

I'd like to see more sharedrops using Bitshares PTS snapshots, since Stan Larimer promised that every future DAC would be dropped to PTS holders.  

Is that a broken promise from Bitshares, or will they use PTS for drops?

Activity: 289
Protoshares used to be a Top 10 coin, and it probably will be again if a promising project uses it for distribution.  

People have been dumping them since the share split last year increased the total supply to 1 billion - so now they're actually spread out a lot more evenly to a lot more people.

It would be nice to see something happen with PTS to go along with the BitShares 2.0 launch.
Pages:
Jump to: