Pages:
Author

Topic: These are worth [edit, again] $100,000+ now. - page 3. (Read 7457 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
Just sayin'.

I had bought one to use for show, like here's a 1 BTC and then here's a 25 BTC coin -- the "coin collector" version.

It really is an attractive coin, the reverse even more so brilliant than the obverse.   But I didn't feel comfortable carrying that around as the value started to rise.  I remember getting worried when it was being passed around at an event so I decided to just redeem it so that it could still be passed around and I wouldn't have to worry much if it disappeared.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I did exactly that out at a restaurant last week - passed some of the 1BTCs around, and then passed my 25 around, and put it back in my pocket. When we left, I almost left it sitting on the booth, since it had fallen out of my pocket while I was putting my daughter back in her car seat!

But that was last week when it wasn't worth very much. ;-)

Very nice coin, no matter what it's worth, though.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Just sayin'.

I had bought one to use for show, like here's a 1 BTC and then here's a 25 BTC coin -- the "coin collector" version.

It really is an attractive coin, the reverse even more so brilliant than the obverse.   But I didn't feel comfortable carrying that around as the value started to rise.  I remember getting worried when it was being passed around at an event so I decided to just redeem it so that it could still be passed around and I wouldn't have to worry much if it disappeared.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

Just sayin'.
Pages:
Jump to: