Pages:
Author

Topic: @theymos, proposals and rules. - page 2. (Read 448 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 308
February 27, 2019, 01:58:15 PM
Every newcomer must have a test system, or a passing pass from Brand new to the next, made one place in the Forum (Board of Children Newbie Discussion) to discuss, that's where he is given 1- 5 Merit, to be able to post freely.

What's the test system? Is this some question about forum or bitcoin? If it's true, newcomers can search the answer on Google and modify it with their style to avoid plagiarism before they post the correct answer. So, by that method, I think everyone can pass the test easily.

And about the board, if the board isn't only for brand new and moderators or other staff I think it just would be a mega spam board.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
February 27, 2019, 01:54:35 PM
PROPOSAL: I
I see for now many Bitcointalk members who have excess (Merit) outside the requirements starting from 1 Merit to 5000 Merit.
@theymos, What if there is a slight change or added to Ranks, activity and Merit for example:

Merit:

Brand new: 0
Newbie: 1-5
Jr Member: 8
Member: 25
Full Member: 90
Sr. Member: 200
Sergeant Member: 300
Hero Member: 500
Colonel Member: 800
Legendary: 1000
General Legendary: 1500 and 4000

The thing is when you are creating proposals here in the forum you must have a very good reason for it to be considered, your Proposal #1 doesn't add any real purpose for it to be applied here in the forum. So what if you add new ranks here in the forum? How do you think members here will benefit from the new ranks they will have? And why did you decrease the merit (for Full Members and Sr. Members) and activity requirement (Jr Members - Legendary)? Is it just because you just want to rank up faster and other members as well? With the proposal you want to achieve you are just wanting lower members to rank up faster which I don't think is a good idea at all.

Your proposal # 2 won't work as well, supposed that they pass the test given by BCT it doesn't guarantee that they won't post spam here in the forum, as long as there are paid sig campaigns expect a lot of members to post shit just to complete their post requirement. Instead of proposing solutions you must need to identify the problem first.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 27, 2019, 01:23:34 PM
Proposal I introduces too many new ranks which are not really necessary at all, and I’ve got a feeling that the numbers suggested for rank and activity are rather arbitrary, and not based on a pre-study of what the set values should be in accordance to a certain objective (i.e. number of running members per rank). At most, an upper rank may be interesting at some point, although that has been discussed previously, and for now rests at ease.

It also shifts the bare minimum of 1 merit from the Jr. Member rank to the Newbie rank, which would mean that Newbies would be able to bear a campaign signature, thus making “newbie” the new “Jr. Member” in an exercise that would only bring confusion. Anything close to the proposal would be better-off rebranding all the ranks with different names, but as I said, there is really no operational need to complicate ranks further now.

Proposal II would drive down the number of new members drastically. Perhaps during early 2018 something or other of the kind would have been more welcome, and variations had been suggested at the time, but confining people nowadays to a specific area, when the numbers are in recession, would overkill the forum due to a restriction hara-kiri.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 2073
February 27, 2019, 12:55:47 PM
I see only sense in increasing the amount of merit obtained for the following ranks:

And I see the point of adding only one highest rank, for example, with merits of more than 2500.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
February 27, 2019, 12:19:12 PM
I don't know that what I think is good or bad, the point is I give one thought that I think is positive.

Just go to the topic, in this year many rules have been implemented and implemented in the Forum, starting the [Merit] system> [Newbie Rules]> [Coper Member] etc.
For that I think can some more proposed rules be applied?
As:
PROPOSAL: I
I see for now many Bitcointalk members who have excess (Merit) outside the requirements starting from 1 Merit to 5000 Merit.

While the current rules are:

Ranks and activity:

Brand New: 0 posts
Newbie: 1-29 activity
Jr. Member: 30-59 activity
Member:   60-119 activity
Full Member: 120-239 activity
Sr. Member: 240-479 activity
Hero Member: 480 activity
Legendary: Somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity

Merit:

Newbie: 0
Jr Member: 1
Member: 10
Full Member: 100
Sr. Member: 250

@theymos, What if there is a slight change or added to Ranks, activity and Merit for example:

Ranks and activity:

Brand new: 0 posts
Newbie: 1-15 activity
Jr Member: 20 activity
Member: 25 activity
Full Member: 80 activity
Sr. Member: 170 activity
Sergeant Member: 276 activity
Hero Member: 450 activity
Colonel Member: 700 activity
Legendary: 900 activity
General Legendary: 1100 and 1150 activity

Merit:

Full Member: 90
Sr. Member: 200
Sergeant Member: 300
Colonel Member: 800
General Legendary: 1500 and 4000

PROPOSAL:II
I look at members who register new every day there may be dozens every day who register.
@theymos, What if one more rule is applied in the Forum Every newcomer must have a test system, or a passing pass from Brand new to the next, made one place in the Forum (Board of Children Newbie Discussion) to discuss, that's where he is given 1- 5 Merit, to be able to post freely.
If the member is not achieved in the rules that have been made, it means that they are not allowed to post freely.
The goal is to avoid or reduce spammers etc. The forum is cleaner.
Previously, if there was a mistake or no memory, I apologize, humans did not escape mistakes.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: