Pages:
Author

Topic: Theymos you have 48 hours - page 2. (Read 6104 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250
January 17, 2016, 07:15:12 PM
48 hours wait period passed.. will we get some new material now..
I'm interested to see the rest. Or was this all just usual trolling ?

He said Theymos had 48 hours to reply.
Theymos replied!
Granted, possibly with rehursed infromation but that is not the point.
Based on information given by another user, this matter has been resolved as Paraipan's identity has been discoverd (I am told).

Yeah, but judging by op , and theymo's reply , i don't think the op was looking for that kind of reply, hence i ask will there be more to it.
Activity: 364
January 17, 2016, 07:11:16 PM

He said Theymos had 48 hours to reply.
Theymos replied!
Granted, possibly with rehursed infromation but that is not the point.
Based on information given by another user, this matter has been resolved as Paraipan's identity has been discoverd (I am told).
Activity: 451
January 17, 2016, 07:09:01 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 17, 2016, 05:52:17 PM
Its almost 48 hours,waiting to see if this is a troll or something big.I have a few guesses as to what went down if this is true.

In the mean time, some of us were doing actual useful stuff. There was nothing nefarious and Alex regrettably did pass away so lets show some respect. If you could kindly title your next shitpost about someone who is alive, that'd be great.
I've been doing stuff too,and I do have respect towards the dead.But like what was said,this forum is full of drama.So its fun to take part in it every now and then.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
January 17, 2016, 02:13:54 PM
Its almost 48 hours,waiting to see if this is a troll or something big.I have a few guesses as to what went down if this is true.

In the mean time, some of us were doing actual useful stuff. There was nothing nefarious and Alex regrettably did pass away so lets show some respect. If you could kindly title your next shitpost about someone who is alive, that'd be great.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1001
Chinese translator
January 17, 2016, 01:59:31 PM
Read all replies, really interesting. Waiting for news.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 17, 2016, 01:34:41 PM
Activity: 378
January 17, 2016, 06:57:18 AM
OH MY GOD. Theymos must be soo scared right now. A newbie threatening him, how scary. No ones cares about what you have to say.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
January 16, 2016, 07:36:10 PM
Theymos I have found out your little Paraipan plot. You have 48 hours to make a statement and come clean or things will get really bad for you. Time starts now 4:01 pm eastern time January 15th.

For legality purposes, we need to know what happened between the 4:01 you posted this, and the minute it took to post on the forum at 4:02.   Undecided

Lol I knew some smart ass would bring that up. I tried posting it the first time it took a while to load then I tried to post it again and it went threw. Either way theymos the clocks ticking.

Why did he not change the post when he did this?
Possibly better than allowing everyone to view his mistake.
January 16, 2016, 06:18:55 PM
There is only one way to find out if it is him, possibly try mailing him.
Is his email avaliable from his youtube channel that matches this one, of was this the email that was found from his youtube account.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
January 16, 2016, 06:13:13 PM
Theymos I have found out your little Paraipan plot. You have 48 hours to make a statement and come clean or things will get really bad for you. Time starts now 4:01 pm eastern time January 15th.

Hey 48 hours is quite a long period.I am dying to read your troll but I know you won't come back to follow up your post
January 16, 2016, 06:10:28 PM
As we have no idea of this person's decendents or IP address tracing. This subject now seems pretty mute (We are not going to get anywhere quickly without even a name!)

https://btcjam.com/users/331  Identity Verified.

That just tells me there is a strange user on BTC jam. (They have taken no loans or deposits.
And they are using the same name, how do we know that this could possibly be the same person.
Activity: 293
January 16, 2016, 06:05:38 PM

For legality purposes, we need to know what happened between the 4:01 you posted this, and the minute it took to post on the forum at 4:02.   Undecided

For legality purposes, Cheesy Cheesy say pedofile from belgia dutroux
...  and pedofile now heading EU ----------------Sigmar Gabriel ,  schulz , juncker ,
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 16, 2016, 05:59:01 PM
As we have no idea of this person's decendents or IP address tracing. This subject now seems pretty mute (We are not going to get anywhere quickly without even a name!)

https://btcjam.com/users/331  Identity Verified.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
January 16, 2016, 05:28:35 PM
You're a newbie with 3 activity and you expect Theymos to believe you. You must be really retarded to thing anyone is going to believe you.

I think he is using an alt-account because he doesn't want to post from his main account  Roll Eyes, however ... lol .
January 16, 2016, 04:47:23 PM
So 1 lac USD (250BTC) of the forum has been lost and for the past 2 years nobody has been able to recover it? The treasurers have not given their ID proof or anything to verify them? In such cases there should be a successor who can return the funds.

Efforts have been made, theymos even put a 25 BTC bounty on whoever can successfully allow him to contact his family members(or something similar) . And no , paraipan didn't have a "death switch"
As for ID proof, none was given to theymos(IIRC) , the treasurers simply were people who had proven their trustworthiness.

OK... So instead of being empathetic for the death of a treasurer and his family, we are now wondering what happened to his 250BTC?

Also, this is not much to lose for the forum (It has over 5500 BTC according to Theymos). Not sure it is really worth going to this effort for 1/22 of this).

@mexxer-2: Death Switch? I dint mean that. I do feel sad for the person as he is no more.

@sase007: Like I said, I do feel sorry for that the person is no more but it's already been 2 years for this incident. Since theymos himself has mentioned that he has not received the funds, I just asked the same. It's the forum's money and not the treasure's and this money was collected from the donations sent to help the forum (I hope I'm not wrong here).

I don't know why but you two are talking as if I am heartless and mocking a person's death. Sorry but I'm not and I pray for his soul. I wish that the forum does get its money back though.

If this topic is an off one, it can be moved to the said section.

I was thinking that it may look to others that people on this thread were not unhappy about this person's passing. I was just trying to remove other's inerpretations of this quickly.

No need to takeoffence from what I said and likewise.

Death switches would be a terrible Idea based on the amount of Bitcoin that was at stake, measns that the money could be stolen prematurely.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
January 16, 2016, 04:41:39 PM
So 1 lac USD (250BTC) of the forum has been lost and for the past 2 years nobody has been able to recover it? The treasurers have not given their ID proof or anything to verify them? In such cases there should be a successor who can return the funds.

Efforts have been made, theymos even put a 25 BTC bounty on whoever can successfully allow him to contact his family members(or something similar) . And no , paraipan didn't have a "death switch"
As for ID proof, none was given to theymos(IIRC) , the treasurers simply were people who had proven their trustworthiness.

OK... So instead of being empathetic for the death of a treasurer and his family, we are now wondering what happened to his 250BTC?

Also, this is not much to lose for the forum (It has over 5500 BTC according to Theymos). Not sure it is really worth going to this effort for 1/22 of this).

@mexxer-2: Death Switch? I dint mean that. I do feel sad for the person as he is no more.

@sase007: Like I said, I do feel sorry for that the person is no more but it's already been 2 years for this incident. Since theymos himself has mentioned that he has not received the funds, I just asked the same. It's the forum's money and not the treasure's and this money was collected from the donations sent to help the forum (I hope I'm not wrong here).

I don't know why but you two are talking as if I am heartless and mocking a person's death. Sorry but I'm not and I pray for his soul. I wish that the forum does get its money back though.

If this topic is an off one, it can be moved to the said section.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
January 16, 2016, 04:36:10 PM
I still dont see how this could help to identify an alt account.
Possibly, figuring what the real IP behind a VPN is and checking against other account's IPs similarly .
Mexxer-2, If I am asked for information, I will give it. It is still linking back to the topic at hand. For legal reasons, servers store user's information (so they are not liable).
Oh the wonders you can do with a PM.
I would argue that your post following is more off topic than mine?
Nope it was related.
OP's argument-> Others calling him a troll and having an alt-> Someone says why not look for his IP-> I give answers
Yours goes farther in the "chain"

Having doubts is fine by me, especially if its about a significant amount of money(BTC in this case). You'd have no problem if I after being a trustworthy person, take 1/22 of what you've earned so far by your job(if you have one) never to be seen again?

Edit: ~100 grands is a significant amount of money.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 16, 2016, 04:29:03 PM
-snip-
OK. Mainly, when logging onto computers or servers, it stores your session time. The session time is the time that you logged onto the system (or the time that you made a request to another system or a part of that system). A response, is the response that you get from the request you have made.

If you log onto most sites, like, bitmain sites or google, they log your IP. No matter what you are doing.

Most service providers that provide Proxy services or VPN will show what the user's request was, and an address that the information will be forwarded to.

It will usually go:
Computer (user requests) → VPN/Proxy → Server (under the VPN/Proxy IP address) → VPN/Proxy → Computer (the response).

The arrows suggest the data transfer. The server is sent packages from the Proxy or VPN server. The packages with the IP address of the VPN/Proxy are then relayed back the the user's computer, in different packages (as they are forwarded but have diffferent IP addresses attached).

I still dont see how this could help to identify an alt account.
January 16, 2016, 04:26:45 PM
-snip-
Good thing some people are starting to get curious about their privacy and taking steps, but isn't this a bit too off-topic?
Mexxer-2, If I am asked for information, I will give it. It is still linking back to the topic at hand. For legal reasons, servers store user's information (so they are not liable).

I would argue that your post following is more off topic than mine?

Pages:
Jump to: