Pages:
Author

Topic: Things that Bitcoin does better than digital banking? - page 2. (Read 1477 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I would be interested to hear of practical advantages to end users of using Bitcoin over conventional digital banking (i.e. not just buying and holding in the hope that it makes u fiat rich)?

I can think of:

Off radar transactions (Drugs and other illegal transactions, tax evasion, money laundering).
Capital Flight.

All the other 'touted' examples such as ease and speed of moving capital around just don't add up. If I wanted to move 10K GBP into any other currency of any other developed economy in the world, I could do it far cheaper, and faster, and more secure using conventional banking methods. I know this for a fact as I do it everytime I move GBP to EUR in order to fund my fkn Bitstamp account in the first place. Any legal transaction involving Bitcoin is more efficiently made using fiat currency since the Bitcoin is simply a means of transferring a certain value in a specific fiat currency, which is readily available to 99.9% of the population, whereas for all but 0.1% of the population, obtaining Bitcoin involves several time hurdles and extra expense.

Pages:
Jump to: