Pages:
Author

Topic: Think Amazon will launch there own Cryptocurrency Exchange? - page 2. (Read 240 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
First, why does amazon want to introduce a cryptocurrency?
Amazon is just a shopping platform, so it does not need to use the block chain technology, as a platform for shopping want to do is profitable, and presence of cryptocurrency does not bring any change to their original pattern, so I want to, they introduce cryptocurrency is not realistic.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I think that now it is very profitable, so I'm sure that Amazon will not miss this opportunity, so probably all the same he really will do it and most likely very soon, but I think there will be very serious verification and similar moments
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
it is like asking why doesn't the barber shop fix my computer!!!

Amazon is not in the business of creating exchanges, and their business is not even remotely related to exchanges. so why would they want to get into this business out of nowhere?
and it is not like this is an easy thing to generate them a lot of profit! it has LOTS of problems including KYC/AML, taxes, fraud, competition, and also the fact that by the time they get into it people have already moved on to decentralized exchanges!

they may however end up creating their own coin (Amazon-coin) and add one more useless coin to the sea of altcoins.

I have to agree with this, i believe they just registered the domains to protect their brand so that some chancer does not squat the domain name.

It is a lot for Amazon to start an exchange when they are used to selling goods and services, not crypto.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
This probably has been brought up before, but anyone think Amazon would launch there own Cryptocurrency exchange? Eventually there going to start taking cryptocurrency as a method of payment, why not also get into the exchange business as another revenue stream.
Amazon has Amazon's business model. His main service is shopping. But does not rule out the future will be involved. It may also be the timing is not yet mature.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
it is like asking why doesn't the barber shop fix my computer!!!

Amazon is not in the business of creating exchanges, and their business is not even remotely related to exchanges. so why would they want to get into this business out of nowhere?
and it is not like this is an easy thing to generate them a lot of profit! it has LOTS of problems including KYC/AML, taxes, fraud, competition, and also the fact that by the time they get into it people have already moved on to decentralized exchanges!

they may however end up creating their own coin (Amazon-coin) and add one more useless coin to the sea of altcoins.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
This probably has been brought up before, but anyone think Amazon would launch there own Cryptocurrency exchange? Eventually there going to start taking cryptocurrency as a method of payment, why not also get into the exchange business as another revenue stream.
Pages:
Jump to: