Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking in bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 2632 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
June 22, 2011, 03:19:52 AM
I completely agree with you, but this will only be posible when the bitcoin exchange price stabilizes a bit.

The stabilization might be happening already, who knows. After the rise up to $30 and the correction back to $20, we might see some stabilization of the price, although we dont know yet because all the last events have been moving the price. When the air clears will see.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
June 22, 2011, 03:13:57 AM
Most of us do economic calculations everyday, on whether something should be bought or sold at certain prices. We try to sell at the highest price and buy at the lowest. Most of us also have some kind of an idea of what we think is a fair price for various items.

When I was living for a short while in the US, the rates on various items stunned me, because I was used to calculating the prices by converting in my native currency (INR) and it seemed very high. After a while, I got used to thinking in dollars and bought stuff without thinking too much about it.

With bitcoins, most of the community are stuck in my "first month situation in dollars", as we don't know how to value coins. The price at the exchanges provides some kind of an anchor, but recent events have shown that they are not reliable either. It's safe to say that very few people think in bitcoins and do economic calculation of the type we regularly do with our native currencies.

Seeding this "thinking in bitcoins" is an important task until bitcoin truly stabilises as a currency. It can be assisted by something like regular pricing APIs associated with various bitcoin sites.

Price of my item : Price of closely available analogue at bitcoinhop or bitcoinmarket, or a mix of various items.

Are anything like those available for the asking? Could someone raise a bounty for the same? I don't have btc because electricity and chips are expensive in India and no one is sellling BTC for INR.
Pages:
Jump to: