Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking of offering loans... Anyone have suggestions? - page 2. (Read 2531 times)

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
Collateral. Trusted escrow holding the collateral. Peace of mind for you and your borrowers.

On a side note, the OP's password was reset recently.

I guess that happens when you are inactive for ~20 months.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Collateral. Trusted escrow holding the collateral. Peace of mind for you and your borrowers.

On a side note, the OP's password was reset recently.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
I would suggest lending only with collateral until you have enough experience to confidently say if someone borrowing without collateral is likely to repay or not. Lending money without collateral is very risky and most people do not intend to repay their loans.

There seem to be very few opportunities to lend with collateral unfortunately
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine hard!
I'm interested in offering loans, more as a social experiment than investment. I'm curious if anyone who has *successfully* lent coins (and been paid back) cares to share his/her method with the forum. Much appreciated.

1. Read the threads written by mods about lending activity.
2. Don't loan to newbie
3. Watch reputation and last post of people asking for loan
4. If password has been reset recently, ask for a signed message (account has maybe been hacked)
5. If you want to guarantee your loans, ask for a collateral you will be able to resell Smiley

Good luck. Full of scammers here Smiley

I read all the stickies. Still amazed with all the scams for so little. Shows you how difficult it must be living in other parts of the world. Or simply how greedy humans are...
Activity: 861
Merit: 1001
I'm interested in offering loans, more as a social experiment than investment. I'm curious if anyone who has *successfully* lent coins (and been paid back) cares to share his/her method with the forum. Much appreciated.

1. Read the threads written by mods about lending activity.
2. Don't loan to newbie
3. Watch reputation and last post of people asking for loan
4. If password has been reset recently, ask for a signed message (account has maybe been hacked)
5. If you want to guarantee your loans, ask for a collateral you will be able to resell Smiley

Good luck. Full of scammers here Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine hard!
Pages:
Jump to: