Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking of starting a loyalty based crypto for my business. Questions! - page 2. (Read 1470 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
If I were doing this I would not make it mineable. Since this coin is going to be an Air Miles for your business then I would want to control it.

Make it PoS and premine 100%, keep it all. Hand it out as they make purchases. 1% or whatever you deem fair. Set your own price on the coin. Since its only going to be used in your business you are going to want to have control of the price and how much is out there. It will never be traded on exchanges only redeemed in store.

Mobile wallets are a must.

low staking interest.

First ever reward program on block chain technology. You'll make the news simply because you did that.

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
I'm familiar with nxt and even owned some for the past 6 months. I'm not sure I want to release on nxt. Most of these clients aren't involved in crypto in the first place so I'd like the system to consist of the least amount of friction possible with the loyalty program. Nxt is a little too technical.

I would also be looking for a fully branded coin around our business.

First off, is this is a stupid idea? Is a crypto even necessary?

What about something like CoinCreator to get started?

I also know little about hash rates and hashing power. If you launch a coin, what considerations need to be made there?

They don't need to do much, they can sign up at a site like https://trade.secureae.com  which is a front end for NXT AE, and you send them asset (currency) to their NXT address that https://trade.secureae.com provides them with. That's as frictionless as could be.

If you launch your own PoW coin, they'd need to deal with downloading and syncing the blockchain, which is much more effort than using the above solution.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
I'm familiar with nxt and even owned some for the past 6 months. I'm not sure I want to release on nxt. Most of these clients aren't involved in crypto in the first place so I'd like the system to consist of the least amount of friction possible with the loyalty program. Nxt is a little too technical.

I would also be looking for a fully branded coin around our business.

First off, is this is a stupid idea? Is a crypto even necessary?

What about something like CoinCreator to get started?

I also know little about hash rates and hashing power. If you launch a coin, what considerations need to be made there?

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Yes, on NXT.
The cost to issue an asset is ~$30, asset = currency for your purposes. Customers will need to install NXT client and then you send them as many of that asset (currency) as you want according to your business plans.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Do it on Nxt, using either Nxt Asset Exchange or the (soon to be launched,hopefully) Nxt Monetary System . If it's purely intended as an internal loyalty token, then you can create the coin/token/asset within a few minutes, leaving you to concentrate on distribution to customers, redemption schemes, and the rest of the loyalty system.

Take a look at:

https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/
and
https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system/
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Hello all,

I've been involved with the crypto space for over a year now, and while I'm not the most technical person out there, I do have an understanding of bitcoins and altcoins.

I'd like to start my own coin for my business with the sole purpose of having it serve as a loyalty based coin, where customers will receive a certain amount of this coin as part of a loyalty program. Obviously it could be mind as well and redeemed for a certain amount of services from my business.

I'm just wondering, how hard is it to launch a coin? What considerations need to be made?
Pages:
Jump to: