Pages:
Author

Topic: Thinking of switching to mining Feathercoin instead of Litecoin - page 2. (Read 3955 times)

legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Mining FTC straight for the last few months with 2MH. In my opinion Feathercoin is a longterm thing, ofc the price goes up and down, but it doesnt matter. If the support is behind, it will rise, slow but steady.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
been mining ftc for a long time now. never looked back to ltc.
you should have a look at the feathercoin community @ feathercoin.com

and as regards to no one talks about ftc? reaaally? have you been asleep the last 6months?
Activity: 364
Multipols and coinchoose etc are fine if you are looking to dump right away. If however you are speculating and waiting for growth then i think FTC is a much better bet. More chance that FTC will hit .0018 than LTC .04 - both of which are a 100% increase. Wink
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Multiminer or multipool.us serves a much better purpose. Plus I've been keeping an eye on coinchoose. This last week, LTC has been on the top of the list more often than FTC. Don't just go for lower diff. You also have to anticipate how far their exchange value will rise. And as the LTC saying goes 'the silver to bitcoin's gold'
Activity: 364
16+MH/s pointed at FTC since the very early days. Has served me well... So well in fact that i even started up a PPS pool for it. Wink

Activity: 201
I will forever mine ftc with at least 1/4th of my hashrate. I can totally see the value rising with btc in the coming months.
Activity: 146
i can see why you'ld go the way of FTC, LTC isn't getting too much publicity lately, and the Gox debacle just continues (although we all saw that coming in fairness.

But FeatherCoin isn't being talked about at all, so not sure what that'll do with the value....

Mining is a risk anyway Smiley

I dont have time for this.
Mine FTC, it is a good choice, difficulty is still low and development team is strong (http://forum.feathercoin.com/)
Dont listen to guy with DGC!scam picure as profile Smiley

+1
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
i can see why you'ld go the way of FTC, LTC isn't getting too much publicity lately, and the Gox debacle just continues (although we all saw that coming in fairness.

But FeatherCoin isn't being talked about at all, so not sure what that'll do with the value....

I dont have time for this.
Mine FTC, it is a good choice, difficulty is still low and development team is strong (http://forum.feathercoin.com/)
Dont listen to guy with DGC!scam picure as profile Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Maybe what we all need is a good, organized pump and dump scheme on a coin.  Pick a coin, mine the hell out of it, create some BS stories to get the price up, and unload it.

Profit for all but the exchanges, and who cares about them?   Grin

huh? The exchanges aren't buying the coins...other people are.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
Maybe what we all need is a good, organized pump and dump scheme on a coin.  Pick a coin, mine the hell out of it, create some BS stories to get the price up, and unload it.

Profit for all but the exchanges, and who cares about them?   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

aa
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Litecoin is right coin
Good idea! Stop mining LTC. Don't mine LTC again, please.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
just mine what is more profitable at this moment and sell to other coins like ltc or btc ...
simplest and best way
http://coinchoose.com/index.php
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
I have been mining LTC for a few weeks, and it has gone well, I have a little over 4000 Khash worth of GPUs pimping LTC for me.

But I'm thinking of switching over to mining Feathercoin (FTC).  Mainly for the following reasons:

1. FTC is supported on several exchanges, I can trade FTC for BTC or FTC for US Dollars.

2. Lower difficulty, can mine more coins faster.

3. Much lower price, more room to grow my profit.

My ultimate goal is to trade whatever coins I have for US Dollars, I have no plans to try and buy anything with any kind of coins directly.

Plus, some big GPU farms have switched to mining LTC from BTC recently, raising the difficulty and reducing my profit.

With FTC currently around 10 cents, I think it has a lot more room to rise and make me more profit than LTC, but having said that, I think LTC could also possibly bounce high, like $50 to $100 eventually if it becomes more widely accepted.

Pages:
Jump to: