Pages:
Author

Topic: Third alt coin thread last two were too big. Builds links thoughts etc - page 12. (Read 41852 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
Talking of alts.

You might want to look at Golem, it is a ethereum token but the idea is to build a super computer network that anyone can use.  The final product is about 4 years out but if it takes off down the line could easily end up being a millionaire.   I joined the alpha testing on the slack and the proof of concept does work.  Whats not awesome is the team holds 18% of the coins and that seems a bit scammy, considering theres no reason for that when they raised 7 million in the pre-sale.

All alts are suffering pretty hard right now with bitcoin going all crazy.  Did china unlock their funds or something?

Make sure you are in both camps.

Btc should move close to 1500 usd

I am currently 30%-40% BTC, 20% ETH and 50%-40% to cash.

All my rigs are mining ZEC at NH getting back BTC.

All my S9 and A7 BTC farms are doing PPS+ at Antpool and VIABTC.

I think there is a big movement of ETH and DCR back to BTC.

Made money on XRP frenzy but I think I sold too early, ohhh well..... there is no such thing as a bad profit.

Do you support BU by mining at those two pools?

Honestly at this rate, if the core team doesn't fixed the mess soon, I wouldn't blame the BU supporters for pushing forward with this fork on behalf of the mining community.

Sad to see BTC coming to this stage - on the other hand, BTC post fork if any, will be tried and tested even more.... hopefully a stronger BTC.

Segwit vs BU..... I had a change in perspective after listening to Andreas Antonopolous talk recently.

Decide for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etyjc1JdmFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlJG4OHdJzs

Phil - the video links of the recent talk as above - several links in parts but this one above goes straight into the fork issue.
You don’t have to select a side, to be honest with you I just know the main issue and both sides solution to the problem. I don’t do anything about it, I don’t advocate anyone, I just do my job.

If you do not have a huge mining power than I don’t think you need to select a side. As a miner, do what you want and get your Money. Rest is upto people who debate it. That is me tough, anyone can do whatever they want, that is the beauty of btc.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Talking of alts.

You might want to look at Golem, it is a ethereum token but the idea is to build a super computer network that anyone can use.  The final product is about 4 years out but if it takes off down the line could easily end up being a millionaire.   I joined the alpha testing on the slack and the proof of concept does work.  Whats not awesome is the team holds 18% of the coins and that seems a bit scammy, considering theres no reason for that when they raised 7 million in the pre-sale.

All alts are suffering pretty hard right now with bitcoin going all crazy.  Did china unlock their funds or something?

Made money on XRP frenzy but I think I sold too early, ohhh well..... there is no such thing as a bad profit.

Honestly at this rate, if the core team doesn't fixed the mess soon, I wouldn't blame the BU supporters for pushing forward with this fork on behalf of the mining community.

Sad to see BTC coming to this stage - on the other hand, BTC post fork if any, will be tried and tested even more.... hopefully a stronger BTC.

Segwit vs BU..... I had a change in perspective after listening to Andreas Antonopolous talk recently.

Decide for yourself...

Phil - the video links of the recent talk as above - several links in parts but this one above goes straight into the fork issue.

Watched first link.  I get that  if he does what he wants it will not be BTC  it will be a new beast.

Not sure that is a good idea.  Seems very risky to alter fundamentals of BTC that much.
Simple solution was to go from 1mb to 2mb at the ½ ing last July  buying time to allow for growth of industry.

That ship sailed.

Coins have gone up a bit  after watching it I am selling more coins and moving to cash.

And done 1 less coin  sold it for 1115 after fees.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Talking of alts.

Decide for yourself...

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Talking of alts.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Talking of alts.

legendary
Talking of alts.

You might want to look at Golem, it is a ethereum token but the idea is to build a super computer network that anyone can use.  The final product is about 4 years out but if it takes off down the line could easily end up being a millionaire.   I joined the alpha testing on the slack and the proof of concept does work.  Whats not awesome is the team holds 18% of the coins and that seems a bit scammy, considering theres no reason for that when they raised 7 million in the pre-sale.

All alts are suffering pretty hard right now with bitcoin going all crazy.  Did china unlock their funds or something?

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Talking of alts.

You might want to look at Golem, it is a ethereum token but the idea is to build a super computer network that anyone can use.  The final product is about 4 years out but if it takes off down the line could easily end up being a millionaire.   I joined the alpha testing on the slack and the proof of concept does work.  Whats not awesome is the team holds 18% of the coins and that seems a bit scammy, considering theres no reason for that when they raised 7 million in the pre-sale.

All alts are suffering pretty hard right now with bitcoin going all crazy.  Did china unlock their funds or something?
legendary
switched from nh to nano XMR. been mining there for an hour now and still not showing any unconfirmed XMR even though have 216 accepted shares. seems there is something wrong with that picture. would someone explain this to me? Thanks

I gave up on mining pools long time ago, especially XMR and ZEC ones.... there is something funky going on and coin confirmation takes too bloody long. Unless you want to hold these coins, you are better off getting BTC (without all the BS) up front at Nicehash by renting your hash out.

yes  I agree .  and if you want the coins use an exchange to buy it.

I opened a Bitrex account last night.

I use Poloniex mainly but some coins are not listed there.

Phil.... Polo vs Bitrex, any gotchas?
I am usa based  so I use  Bittrex  more  but  poloneix

https://poloniex.com/

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

both seem okay

for me  most is in coinbase and blockchain wallets

I dabble with

hashnest
polinex
cryptopia

then bittrex

I use no hard in house wallets

most people don't understand   how hard it is to back up an in house wallet.

first off  only mac minis (other apple works) or  linux are okay for serious coin.

and you need  cloned hdds for the pc's you use.

of which you need the cloned hdds to be outside your home in say a bank safety box in two states.

even that is worth less if you country goes in the shitter.

If The USA failed and I left the states  I could access btc.  why because I am not 100%  in house on a pc.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
if anyone had xrp before the pump
i would like to say congrats on the massive profit!!

10k BTC volume movement in an hour and a half

I had 0.3 BTC of XRP for the longest time..... selling it for 0.735 BTC last night was so sweet.... but I think I sold too early.
I should have sold half because the damn thing is still holding strong at 0.06

XRP ... Ripple is a blockchain token adopted by the Australian banks.
Japan banks just announced that they will adopt that standard for money transfer by 2018.

In a way i feel lucky since I do hold some XRP, but unfortunately, it's only 2,000 of them lol.  but hey, I bought these about 6 months ago when I was just starting to get into crypto.  the 600% profit is great, but I just wish it was on more than a base of $16 lol. If only i would have had the guts to spend about $150 on it, I would now be looking at a $1000 profit lol, but i guess we can all say that about something.

On another note, I almost had a heart-attack a few minutes when i saw ETH drop to almost $43!  Luckily, it looks like that drop prompted a bit of a buying spree (seems a decent # of people had limit buy orders set at around $45), and now it's back up around $47 so hopefully it will keep some momentum and get back to around $50.

Also of note, DASH has had a really bad few days... finally dipping below $50 earlier today before getting back just over it at around $52-53.  I wonder if this is going to mysteriously open up a bit of supply of Baikal miners lol.  Im only slightly kidding... if you've seen a few of the conspiracy theories about Baikal mining with their own miners and not selling to customers lol. Don't get me wrong, they are still profitable... just not nearly as much as they were 1-2 weeks ago when all the supply went to zero around the globe.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
switched from nh to nano XMR. been mining there for an hour now and still not showing any unconfirmed XMR even though have 216 accepted shares. seems there is something wrong with that picture. would someone explain this to me? Thanks

I gave up on mining pools long time ago, especially XMR and ZEC ones.... there is something funky going on and coin confirmation takes too bloody long. Unless you want to hold these coins, you are better off getting BTC (without all the BS) up front at Nicehash by renting your hash out.

I opened a Bitrex account last night.

I use Poloniex mainly but some coins are not listed there.

Phil.... Polo vs Bitrex, any gotchas?
legendary

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I had 0.3 BTC of XRP for the longest time..... selling it for 0.735 BTC last night was so sweet.... but I think I sold too early.
I should have sold half because the damn thing is still holding strong at 0.06

XRP ... Ripple is a blockchain token adopted by the Australian banks.
Japan banks just announced that they will adopt that standard for money transfer by 2018.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
checkout yuns post i think he had it all listed out.
Does anyone know where I can source 1500w server psu's and good breakout boards for them? Also need good pico's . Thanks!
And the TB85 was icing on the cake  Grin

edit: looked at itemized purchase and apparently they are out of TB85's now as they only charged me for the 480's   Tongue
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Pages:
Jump to: