Pages:
Author

Topic: This article shows how BTC scale issue will not be solved - page 2. (Read 977 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

WTF, Bitcoin is programmable money and the code can be changed on a dime, if need be. You will get quick consensus on issues with higher importance.. So developers will make these changes and

people will accept these changes, if it threatens Bitcoin's survival. At this stage, it's only a big issue for Gavinista's and Big block supporters will ulterior motives.  Roll Eyes If I had a Bitcoin for every time

Bitcoin were declared dead.. I would have been VERY rich.  Grin Grin Grin

"Hey guys, [insert circular comments somewhat pertaining to topic], blah blah blah, don't mind me I'm just here for my signature post count, blah blah blah, the end.
There you go, summarized above for clarity.  Kiss

Anyways back on topic...

WTF, Bitcoin is programmable money and the code can be changed on a dime, if need be.

>throughput is still ~3tps
>core still didn't release SegWit it promised would be done the month before last
By "on a dime" you mean "In Two WeeksTM," right?

You speak as if these are things that should happen asap!!!!! get that implemented now now now!!! gah, what a weak argument - like the devs are just sitting around doing nothing  Cheesy the more time the better. These are serious changes to the way transactions are processed, they can take all the time they need to test every last edge-case .

>core still didn't release SegWit it promised would be done the month before last

Also - seems like you're one of those that loves to bable without any prior research.
Have you seen this: https://blog.blockchain.com/2016/05/16/announcing-the-thunder-network-alpha-release/            ?
There are scalability solutions that decimate that tps, and they will come, once again, with time.
Activity: 84

WTF, Bitcoin is programmable money and the code can be changed on a dime, if need be.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

WTF, Bitcoin is programmable money and the code can be changed on a dime, if need be. You will get quick consensus on issues with higher importance.. So developers will make these changes and

people will accept these changes, if it threatens Bitcoin's survival. At this stage, it's only a big issue for Gavinista's and Big block supporters will ulterior motives.  Roll Eyes If I had a Bitcoin for every time

Bitcoin were declared dead.. I would have been VERY rich.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
If they keep being stubborn they will just waste their energy on mining a coin no one uses.

Miners are not all-powerful as some people think.

Nodes, consumers, investors and merchants also play a role.

What good is a coin you mine if no merchant accepts it, and no investors want to buy it, and no consumers want to use it and if nodes refuse to transmit your transactions?

If investors/consumers/merchants and nodes don't agree with miners, then the miners will lose money.

If the market demands larger block size, we will have a larger blocksize whether the miners want it or not.

The miners that lagg behind because they're stubborn or greedy will either be forced to switch or go broke.

Also, as far as i'm aware, antpool actually supports classic

I agree with that. I think the 2MB block size increase will happen in the next 12 months. If not, bitcoin is dead.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
If they keep being stubborn they will just waste their energy on mining a coin no one uses.

Miners are not all-powerful as some people think.

Nodes, consumers, investors and merchants also play a role.

What good is a coin you mine if no merchant accepts it, and no investors want to buy it, and no consumers want to use it and if nodes refuse to transmit your transactions?

If investors/consumers/merchants and nodes don't agree with miners, then the miners will lose money.

If the market demands larger block size, we will have a larger blocksize whether the miners want it or not.

The miners that lagg behind because they're stubborn or greedy will either be forced to switch or go broke.

Also, as far as i'm aware, antpool actually supports classic
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The Core developers or their representatives said in Hong Kong meeting that they will implement both the SegWit and 2MB block size.
Activity: 107
Pages:
Jump to: