Pages:
Author

Topic: This is a Challenge - page 2. (Read 629 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
November 02, 2019, 03:19:13 AM
This is not a Meta topic, would be more suitable in the beginner's and help board, or on a notebook. Ironically, I did something similar when I joined, although I didn't set a target and a time frame, merits are not entirely dependent on you, the merit circulation and your post visibility by merit senders matters.
Do not posts simply for merits, but rather to contribute to the forum qualitatively. The former follows.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
November 02, 2019, 03:12:42 AM
Lol.  OP, the worst thing you could have done was to announce your plans like this.  Words on a computer screen over the internet are pretty much worthless in the eyes of people reading them--instead of talking about plans for your big achievement, it would be better to just do it.  Make good posts because you like to do it and not because bitcointalk is some sort of RPG where you level up.

You have yet to earn a single merit, but I'm sure you know this already.  So you must realize how hard it is, and I'm hoping this thread isn't some sort of merit-grab attempt (but that's what I'm leaning toward).  I'm not trying to shoot you down here, just giving you an honest opinion.  

I'm going to bookmark this thread since you did set a hard date on when you want to achieve your goal and I don't suspect you'll bump it if you fail.  Good luck, dude.

Edit:  Just quoting the below for reference.

Start Date: November 2, 2019
Target Date: November 2, 2020

Edit 2:

This is not a Meta topic, would be more suitable in the beginner's and help board, or on a notebook.
Or Reputation, though a notebook probably would be the best option.  In any case, he's not going to hit Legendary by the time his self-imposed deadline rolls around.  Becoming "one of the best members of this forum" is another story, though.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
November 02, 2019, 03:05:17 AM
You have a very long way to go....
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
November 02, 2019, 03:04:57 AM
I don't want to ruin your plans, but it is not possible to reach Legendary rank with your current activity (unless you mean reaching 1000 merit) .At least  it is always a good idea to work on post quality.
Imho, no need to push yourself into stuff like this, just write decent posts, and you will get merits eventually. Rinse and repeat.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
November 02, 2019, 02:57:40 AM
I will challenge my self to become one of the best member of this forum. Thus, setting my goal to become legendary member in just a year,

Start Date: November 2, 2019
Target Date: November 2, 2020

For me, this might not be the best idea to start off posting more sensible topics, but setting up a goal where everyone can see will put some pressure to myself and my dignity will be tested.

This is for the sake of becoming one of the best contributors to this forum, and will serve as a challenge for other members as well.

-A message for those top ranked members here: should you have any strategies and ways on how to achieve higher rank fast, please tell me through the comments below.

PS: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ddmrddmr-1582324 This member inspires me allot and I want to be like him.
Pages:
Jump to: