Pages:
Author

Topic: This is a Golden transaction in the history of Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 4853 times)

Activity: 551
Merit: 501
Amongst all the cheering we shouldn't forget that those coins were originally stolen by the USG from the owner(s) of Silk Road and from a whole load of vendors who were doing no harm to anybody.

Just saying ....

No.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

Those unfortunate people had promissory notes issued from a site known for facilitating trade which is considered illegal in some countries. Apparently they thought it was a good idea to place trust is such a site. In today's world, one must be more careful.

Disclaimer: I see no reason why individual adults engaging in voluntary exchange should be illegal.

Yes and No. You are right that vendors didn't own the coins in question (for the reasons you give). My language was loose. But somebody (i.e. the owner of the site) did. And the FBI clearly stole the private key and associated coins from him/her/them.
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
fortunately the auction was won by someone from the BTC community, and not a outsider. Apparently his plans are to provide bitcoin liquidity in emerging markets
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
Amongst all the cheering we shouldn't forget that those coins were originally stolen by the USG from the owner(s) of Silk Road and from a whole load of vendors who were doing no harm to anybody.

Just saying ....

He put out two murder for hire hits on his employees.  That's "doing harm" to me.
Activity: 551
Merit: 501

Just saying ....
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Many people will be looking back wishing they bid higher in that auction.

There were a total of 45 bidders, mostly individuals who participated in the auction. Of them 44 lost their bids and a single individual / organization won all the 10 blocks. What does that mean? IMO, the winning bidder quoted a rate, which was significantly higher than the market exchange rate at that time.
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
Many people will be looking back wishing they bid higher in that auction.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
One more reason for me to believe why america is a great nation, greatest nation..
"I am against any nationalism, even in the guise of mere patriotism. Privileges based on position and property have always seemed to me unjust and pernicious, as did any exaggerated personality cult."
-Albert Einstein, My Credo (1932)

"Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. "Patriotism" is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by "patriotism” I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one’s own nation, which is the concern with the nation’s spiritual as much as with its material welfare — never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one’s country which is not part of one’s love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship."
-Erich Fromm, in The Sane Society (1955)
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
One more reason for me to believe why america is a great nation, greatest nation..
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
Yep, possibly a game changer in terms of mainstream credibility and legitimacy
700$ in sight....

700 ? eh ...your target is so low buddy !!! Dont underestimate Tim Draper. Drapers are in VC business in the third generation now Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Yep, possibly a game changer in terms of mainstream credibility and legitimacy
700$ in sight....
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
The future of BTC is bright.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
positive effect to BTC. The price will be more higher and stable.More people are attract to BTC industry in US.
Pages:
Jump to: