Pages:
Author

Topic: This is a watershed moment in bitcoin history - page 2. (Read 1265 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2015, 03:24:31 AM
Bitcoin can't be shut down as it is store in multiple computers as public ledger. But if bitcoin loss its charm its value can go to the worst which i don't think will happen in near future as bitcoin is being accepted widely recently and in media for several times.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 23, 2015, 02:34:04 AM
Its strange really but the one thing holding bitcoin back is exactly its strength. The Anonymity really stops big players from coming in and taking it up to facebook levels of market cap.
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
November 23, 2015, 02:27:56 AM
If bitcoin can grow to 300 billion, like face book.
Then each coin will worth 10K?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
November 23, 2015, 01:29:58 AM
Even if Bitcoin goes to 0 or close to it, it won't happens overnight, so you will have plenty of time to jump off the boat or adapt to the new situation.

And he is not the only one speaking against BTC while BTC grows bigger and bigger

The real question is whether you or I or anyone would recognize that the decline was the end rather than just a pull back and opportunity to buy more at a cheaper price. It's tough when you're in the moment, emotion will take hold and impact decision making.

It's best to know at what point you'd sell out - $200? $100? $50? At what point do you sell all? It's an easy question to answer it's a tough to follow through on.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
November 22, 2015, 09:54:20 PM
Nope, I don't think Bitcoin can be stopped.  It will always have a place on the black market as long as people still accept it in trade.  Even if some countries place bans or restrictions on the technology, that will only increase it's value because it will become harder to get for some.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
November 22, 2015, 08:39:06 PM
Even if Bitcoin goes to 0 or close to it, it won't happens overnight, so you will have plenty of time to jump off the boat or adapt to the new situation.

And he is not the only one speaking against BTC while BTC grows bigger and bigger
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
November 22, 2015, 08:34:42 PM
The risk of losing out on bitcoin is zero. Noone can shut it down, or delete it. On the other hand, risk of spreading FUD is real however.
Sensational journalism is currently bitcoin's no1 problem, i would say.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
November 22, 2015, 08:09:47 PM
We watched Bitcoin grow from nothing to 4.8 billion market cap today.

Over the years there is always the fear that bitcoin will be banned and it's
value will go to zero. I believe that this speech by the prime minister of
singapore is a watershed moment when no other significant government
will ever ban bitcoin.

The risk of losing out on an emerging industry that is creating value and jobs
is all too real.

http://bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/significance-of-lee-sian-loongs-speech.html
Pages:
Jump to: