Pages:
Author

Topic: This is how much money has been lost because of hacking - page 2. (Read 502 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 1
I think if our assets have been exchanged, there must be accountability from the exchange, but that is the risk of Crypto owners, for myself, I prefer to secure my digital assets in my personal wallet.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
Much money have lost by hecking, we can’t how many exchange have hecked and lost their money with billion usd. Maybe we can count how many exchange have hecked but we can’t count how much bitcoin and altcoin have lost.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
It may happen with any exchange as they are not much secure as hardware wallets. Even (binance) one of the major platform in the market with multi authentication required exchange was attacked by hackers.
A trader must have a hardware wallet and only put the amount on exchange that he wants to trade regularly
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 0
NextPakk
Thank you for posting this article, very enlightening. As this article reads, best is to use hardware wallets and keep only what is needed to be traded in exchanges.
Activity: 239
Merit: 4
AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |
of course the numbers are very limited. will depend on the amount of money you have in your wallet. and depending also hacker it will pick it up where. Therefore we must continue to be vigilant, do not get off guard.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Option Blitz
The numbers are quite alarming. According to this Forbes article, while the number fluctuates based on the market price and the published amount at the author’s time of writing, these are the quoted amounts that have been lost due to hacks as well as human error.

DAO - $53 million
Bitfinex - $72 million
Parity - $30 million + $275 million
Mt. Gox $460 million
Coincheck $530 million

That’s over $1 billion that has been lost! Obviously, cryptocurrency is giving us specific challenges around protecting our assets. At the same time, this gives us the opportunity to push the limits of this technology in order to elevate our lives, right? What are your thoughts about this news?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2018/09/27/cryptocurrency-how-to-avoid-getting-hacked/#184495a14692

This is a news that makes many investors more nervous about the trading platform they are sending money there. We, investors have too many problems to solve. How to secure and keep our assets the best? How to invest effectively? How good is the strategy in the Crypto market? ... there is so much to deal with and the trading floors need to improve their security system better.
at least mt. gox member can get their money back if you can prove they have bitcoin on this platform. you will get more than they lost
Activity: 238
https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png
I agree with the article. I believe it’s also the reason why we are looking forward to have better wallet and exchangers that will really protect our money and investments. Hoping also that this hackers will come to an end.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
The numbers are quite alarming. According to this Forbes article, while the number fluctuates based on the market price and the published amount at the author’s time of writing, these are the quoted amounts that have been lost due to hacks as well as human error.

DAO - $53 million
Bitfinex - $72 million
Parity - $30 million + $275 million
Mt. Gox $460 million
Coincheck $530 million

That’s over $1 billion that has been lost! Obviously, cryptocurrency is giving us specific challenges around protecting our assets. At the same time, this gives us the opportunity to push the limits of this technology in order to elevate our lives, right? What are your thoughts about this news?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2018/09/27/cryptocurrency-how-to-avoid-getting-hacked/#184495a14692

This is a news that makes many investors more nervous about the trading platform they are sending money there. We, investors have too many problems to solve. How to secure and keep our assets the best? How to invest effectively? How good is the strategy in the Crypto market? ... there is so much to deal with and the trading floors need to improve their security system better.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
What you had posted is just the tip of the iceberg. From 2011 onward, there have been tens of thousands of hacking incidents and the total amount of Bitcoins which were lost may number in millions. On top of that huge amounts of fiat and altcoins were also stolen.

6 years back, another user had attempted to list all the major hacks and heists. You can find the thread here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-major-bitcoin-heists-thefts-hacks-scams-and-losses-old-83794
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
1 billion dollar for hacker. that's terrible. I won't how they can cash out all of that money. because even people on blockchain are anonymous but we still can tracking every transaction on it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Hacking really is painful things to experience, it cause so much casualties, But at the same time it also proven that the security on some market are still need to be secure even more, to avoid any future attack.
Activity: 196
Unfortunately thefts are becoming so popular in crypto but I believe that it will be solved soon because losses are great and patience of people is close to the end.

How do you think it can be solved though? Through a new blockchain software perhaps? Or an AI algorithm?
Really scary how much money was stolen by hacks. I never knew it was so much money that was lost. What would the crypto market look like today if these funds were not stolen? Certainly better than at present, or would it have changed anything?

I was incredibly surprised with the numbers too. I  do believe things would be different if these funds were not stolen. There could be more trust with cryptocurrency in general, which is good for the stability of prices. But if there could be a silver lining to this, it’s the fact that we’re made aware of how serious hacking really is and how we should really be careful. And maybe this could be a wakeup call for technology to develop better security features. Do you agree?
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
I agree with this report.  This is why I have 2 hardware wallets.  People need to remember that this is crypto and that some people will do anything to get it, so practice precaution when investing, trading, buying, or selling crypto.

There is no central authority that will guarantee your crypto, so it is only as secure as your private keys.  Keep them safe and secure and have backups.  If you lose your keys you lose your funds.  I cannot stress this enough.
Activity: 322
It’s scary, isn’t it? Especially with current news about the data breach in Facebook. Cyberspace needs more security than ever, and we need to take extra precautions. Do you think blockchain or AI can solve this though?
yes, it is scary. hacks currently seem to be cryptos biggest problem. these hacks have certainly driven many people out of the crypt world. it would be nice if a solution was found soon. whether a blockchain could solve the problem it would be very good, but i am not sure if that is possible. maybe with ai, but i do not know enough about that.
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
fantastic, indeed the value is very large and also worries everyone. but we must remember that crimes like this also occur in all fields of any financial industry, see how much money is lost from banks, hacking, robbery and even the most sad is the conspiracy to commit corruption together. I think this is bigger and more worrying than what happened in crypto and they must know that crypto is the answer or solution to solve such problems.
It’s scary, isn’t it? Especially with current news about the data breach in Facebook. Cyberspace needs more security than ever, and we need to take extra precautions. Do you think blockchain or AI can solve this though?
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
According to all the wealth in the world, not much. But in crypto space, that is actually quite a lot and it is sad that nothing could be done to prevent that. People indeed lost a lot of money this way. Exchanges should definitely strengthen their security measures, but won't tell people not to hold money on exchange accounts. That's for sure. Because holding a lot of assets on the exchange is the worst thing to do.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
Altogether that is a big amount theft from hacking, security must be improved to gain confidence of potential future investors, developer should think of a way to stop hacking.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
There is always a risk involved in any investments besides, even banks have a lot of frauds going on over the history. What we need is a highly advanced technology that can detect any security risk. AIs maybe? We may not notice it, but almost everything that we do now goes through AIs. Not the robot kind of thing but in the form of chips or something.
Pages:
Jump to: