Pages:
Author

Topic: This project is over. - page 2. (Read 2149 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 11
September 03, 2016, 12:49:43 PM
This project is over.
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
September 02, 2016, 08:07:26 PM
I am going to post this link right here.... Again

It's not bitcoinarchitect design that was copied..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkxHsSEzVAUo1ccs5CzGKzxzo5RnbZ_bURtBGkeAcObNk6m4Jk4Q
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
September 02, 2016, 05:36:47 PM
Oh wow. It took me more than 10 hours to perfect the sketch then 100 usd to someone else to perfect it. Thanks for your input though we should do brunch some time. kidding Smiley

I wasn't trolling, bro.
I think you should spend some time to create your own design, rather than copying someone else's.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 02, 2016, 04:32:10 PM
As soon as someone sends an anonymous tip to the Chicago Bulls, you're likely to receive a lawsuit for that (obviously stolen) design. This is such a disappointment. Hint: Taking down pictures makes you seem guilty.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
September 02, 2016, 04:05:27 PM
Inspired by another design 100% but not by another coin design.

Why don't you spend some time to create your own design?
Oh wow. It took me more than 10 hours to perfect the sketch then 100 usd to someone else to perfect it. Thanks for your input though we should do brunch some time. kidding Smiley

You are trying to sell us your products, yet you will insult your potential customers who give you their honest feedback Huh

Even though you were joking, it does not come across as professional.

I am interested in your coins, from what I have seen they have a very premium look to them, and that appeals to me personally.
I have some gold coins which are in very fancy wooden boxes.. Why not crypto?

The problem with what we have seen so far is it feel like you have copied some things, such as the Bull and Bear design ( yes it is somewhat different from bitcoinarchitecture, but it is instantly recognisable when you have seen them before ), and the logo for the Chicago Bulls that you used on your display boxes and business card, which you are now being forced to change.

I know a lot of us here are all for new makers to enter the market, but originality is wanted.
I am also quite surprised personally to see that bitcoinarchitecture has no problem with this.

Please don't take personal offense to this post. It is just my 2 cents.

Thanks
September 02, 2016, 03:02:19 PM
This project is over
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
September 02, 2016, 07:13:23 AM
Inspired by another design 100% but not by another coin design.

Why don't you spend some time to create your own design?
September 02, 2016, 02:00:32 AM
This project is over.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2016, 05:22:02 PM
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to see the design.
Is the phoenix coin design also inspired by another coin?

What do you mean?

I mean the bear and bull coin was inspired by someone elses' design.
I wonder if the phoenix one is also inspired by someone elses' design?
September 01, 2016, 12:17:48 PM

What do you mean?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2016, 11:09:00 AM
September 01, 2016, 06:13:48 AM
This project is over.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
September 01, 2016, 05:00:29 AM
Hey guys,

The design does have some simularities to my design i guess  Grin
Copyright is a tough thing, I think you need to change 5 elements of the design to not infringe.
Would have liked if they just contact me to do a joint design or whatever, but hey what you gonna do.  Cool

TheCryptoMint has contacted me a while ago and said he was making a coin inspired on my design.

They are sending me a free coin, so that's a nice thing to do.
@TheCryptoMint: When are you shipping the coin(s)  Smiley

For the inverted Chicago Bulls logo: I do like it but it's taking a risk.

(I think I am entitled to a little plug  Smiley: Click on my signature to see my Bull vs Bear Design)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
September 01, 2016, 04:35:01 AM
I look forward to seeing the phoenix one because as a symbol I love phoenix and I have not seen any other collectible that would have had any kind of phoenix as its logo :3 It is an interesting project, but I will want to see more pictures before thinking about order.

Also I have additional questions like what sizes will I be able to choose from?

ho .. really ?

here you are:

http://goldsilvercity.com.sg/product/mythical-creatures-2013-phoenix-1oz-silver-proof-coin/

http://www.numiscollect.eu/index.php?task=product&p_id=15080&prev_id=&c_id=650

http://goldsilvercity.com.sg/product-category/collectibles/mythical-creatures-and-figures/

Wink

Thank you defcon32 (;

Really, I did not met with any of them before. Maybe I did not met them because I have not searched either. I imagined how nice a collectible would look with a phoenix only after OP mentioned that they would have a phoenix version. I still could appreciate an unique phoenix realization that make this coin not only nice, but unique too.

OP, if you need help in GFX design, not only phoenix but a new bull for example, you can PM me! I could send you a portfolio and you could decide how helpful an additional helping hand could be.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
August 31, 2016, 03:56:16 PM

The inverted Bull isnt the company logo. For the next series of coin there is a Phoenix that replaces the bull. It is only something that signifies this series of coins.

It does seem to be shown on your business cards and other products like a wood box.  It should not be used.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
August 31, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Nice "Bull" logo!!

Did you get permission from the Chicago Bulls basketball team and also the NBA for this to use their trademarked work??

Its similar but not the same and inverted. The inverted bull represents this series of coins its not the company logo. The next series of coins the bull will be replaced by the Phoenix.  Symbolism has been am major influence in the the design of all aspects of the coins and this includes some very well known brands but we are making a statement and made sure we were not in breach of copyright laws.  

I am no lawyer nor am I educated on such matters, but this looks like a clear case of copyright infringement.
Are you 100% sure that you are not in breach of copyright laws?
As far as I know, you cannot take a copyrighted image, invert it, and claim it as yours.

I certainly wouldn't attempt to use a major sporting teams logo as my own, whether I inverted it or not. I would fear severe legal issues for doing such a thing publicly, as you have done.

On that note... I am interested in buying one Grin
The inverted Bull isnt the company logo. For the next series of coin there is a Phoenix that replaces the bull. It is only something that signifies this series of coins.

The mythical creature Phoenix is a super good idea !  Grin
Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher
August 31, 2016, 01:22:44 PM
Nice "Bull" logo!!

Did you get permission from the Chicago Bulls basketball team and also the NBA for this to use their trademarked work??

Its similar but not the same and inverted. The inverted bull represents this series of coins its not the company logo. The next series of coins the bull will be replaced by the Phoenix.  Symbolism has been am major influence in the the design of all aspects of the coins and this includes some very well known brands but we are making a statement and made sure we were not in breach of copyright laws.  

I am no lawyer nor am I educated on such matters, but this looks like a clear case of copyright infringement.
As far as I know, you cannot take a copyrighted image, invert it, and claim it as yours.

I certainly wouldn't attempt to use a major sporting teams logo as my own, whether I inverted it or not. I would fear severe legal issues for doing such a thing publicly, as you have done.

Technically, you could make a Washington Redskins coin.  I believe they had their trademark pulled by USPTO, and there was a South Park episode about it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins_trademark_dispute
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
August 31, 2016, 11:45:08 AM
Nice "Bull" logo!!

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
August 31, 2016, 11:28:34 AM
I look forward to seeing the phoenix one because as a symbol I love phoenix and I have not seen any other collectible that would have had any kind of phoenix as its logo :3 It is an interesting project, but I will want to see more pictures before thinking about order.

ho .. really ?

here you are:

http://goldsilvercity.com.sg/product/mythical-creatures-2013-phoenix-1oz-silver-proof-coin/

http://www.numiscollect.eu/index.php?task=product&p_id=15080&prev_id=&c_id=650

http://goldsilvercity.com.sg/product-category/collectibles/mythical-creatures-and-figures/

Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
August 31, 2016, 10:50:14 AM

Pages:
Jump to: