Pages:
Author

Topic: This server is overloaded? - page 2. (Read 4006 times)

donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
November 05, 2010, 05:37:41 PM
Do you mean the server which hosts this forum? This is the fastest forum I visit, by far.

If there's a speed problem, I think it must be somewhere between the server and the users who are getting slow performance.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
November 05, 2010, 05:05:13 PM
Going back to the topic: yeah the bitcoin.org servers seem overloaded by traffic.
Satoshi should invest in better servers soon or there could be a problem.

With the amounts of bitcoins he has, that shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry Shadow, but this seems a bit naive. How do you know it's not a killer server generating coins at the same time? As an open source project, the community should contribute to a server if it is needed. In all reality, this is probably simply hosted on shared hosting for a minuscule dollar amount.

If bitcoin.org needs faster / better server for hosting, let me know and I'll gladly toss it up.

Hey, that's even better.

But i just thought that only satoshi runs this server, so nobody else has access to do such thing.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
November 05, 2010, 04:39:16 PM
Especially insulting when you write a post - you press send and nothing happens. You may lose the message text

BTW.
You can use this firefox extension to recover any form (and any post) You lost due to connection failure.
It's pretty cool.

Going back to the topic: yeah the bitcoin.org servers seem overloaded by traffic.
Satoshi should invest in better servers soon or there could be a problem.

With the amounts of bitcoins he has, that shouldn't be an issue.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
probiwon.com
November 01, 2010, 10:31:16 AM
Not sure. This post I wrote from first time. But the problem was long enough.
Activity: 429
Merit: 992
November 01, 2010, 10:21:19 AM
Server rebooted. Any better now?
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
probiwon.com
November 01, 2010, 09:38:04 AM
Approximately every 3-5 request falls off due to a timeout. Especially in the evening and when writing messages.

Especially insulting when you write a post - you press send and nothing happens. You may lose the message text
Pages:
Jump to: