Pages:
Author

Topic: Thought I would post some positive news :) U.S. Banks to charge for deposits - page 2. (Read 1392 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Again infowars and their fud?
What are we discussing next , the showbiz section of dailymail ?

Just curious, do you actually know anything? If you paid any attention to the developments in taxes, stocks, and banking in general you would understand what is happening in the United States.

You seem like the type of person who is actually so dumb they can't create an account, so I have to wonder, did someone type this for you on their account?

Just REALLY curious is all.

I let it be known my extreme distaste for fools, especially when I have knowledge on the exact topic being discussed. It seems you like to come in and bomb random threads and just say negative things which is your right, but it is also my right to call you a fool for spreading bs. The majority of people I talk to about these types of things couldn't tell you anything about it, but for you to claim it is "fucked up disinformation" let me see you prove me wrong. It is extremely crystal clear that banking is charging fees and giving .1% interest on monies in an account in the U.S.

So you basically just came here to make yourself look stupid then? I didn't think a Sr. member would be all about making a fool of themselves, but to each his/her own.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Again infowars and their fud?
What are we discussing next , the showbiz section of dailymail ?
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
Ger your popcorns ready -- it will be interesting how this plays out.
Just read this on Digg.  I'll tell you this.  This is a +1 for crypto.  Last time BofA tried something like this they lost thousands of customers.  This will be one huge nail in modern banking as people like me (us) look to shelter our deposits in something other than traditional banks.  Coinbase should explore some payroll deposit options as they'll likely become the new place to hold funds.

I agree seriously. I actually opened an account with Bank of America because they were said to be ok on Bitcoin transactions(this is something I did half a year ago). I never made any deposits or anything, then they send me a notice saying I am overdrawn. I didn't even do anything with the account I setup and they are trying to make me pay a fee. I am just going to ignore it forever. I could care less about their bs.
Activity: 854
Nope..
Just read this on Digg.  I'll tell you this.  This is a +1 for crypto.  Last time BofA tried something like this they lost thousands of customers.  This will be one huge nail in modern banking as people like me (us) look to shelter our deposits in something other than traditional banks.  Coinbase should explore some payroll deposit options as they'll likely become the new place to hold funds.
http://www.infowars.com/economist-u-s-banks-preparing-to-charge-customers-for-deposits/

interesting read Smiley

"""In the week that the European Central Bank cut its deposit rate for banks from zero to -0.1%, economist Martin Armstrong warns that negative interest rates are coming to the United States, meaning that Americans will be forced to pay just to keep their money in the bank.

In a move described as unprecedented, the ECB became the first central bank in history to cut any main interest rate to negative yesterday, part of a package of measures designed to encourage banks to provide more loans to businesses and households. Many view the policy as a desperate sign of Europe’s faltering economic recovery.

Critics claim that the action will do little to spur growth while threatening to cause inflation and unemployment. While banks in the EU have not indicated whether or not the costs will be passed on to consumers, the New York Times’ Neil Irwin asserts that this is inevitable.

“Banks will most likely pass these negative interest rates on to consumers, or at least try to. They may try to do so not by explicitly charging a negative interest rate, but by paying no interest and charging a fee for account maintenance,” he writes.

What about Americans? Will they also soon be charged by the bank simply for depositing their own money? Yes, according to economist Martin Armstrong.

Armstrong, who is noted for calling the 1987 economic crash to the very day, warns that U.S. banks are preparing a raft of new account fees that will serve as a de facto negative interest rate.

“In the USA, we are more-likely-than-not going to get the negative rates directly passed to consumers by the banks who will claim it is the Fed who will do so at the requests of the banks. Larry Summers has set the stage. This is just how it works. He flew the balloon to get everyone ready. This is likely to be bullish for the stock market,” writes Armstrong, noting that, “The talk behind the curtain is to impose negative interest rates on the consumer.”"""
Pages:
Jump to: