Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on "holding" Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 6479 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 12, 2015, 10:01:59 AM
Holding bitcoin is a slow and boring process to gain profit in btc's but good for those who really doesn't use bitcoin in any matter. As in zero use. All coins are just kept on wallet. If people are not using bitcoin then holding is good for them. But for those who are trying to gain more btc's and using btc regularly then holding is not recommended for faster earnings.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 12, 2015, 09:57:52 AM
When you're "holding" Bitcoin it tells me you're planning to sell them at a higher price. You're just holding them for now with no purpose behind it.

Are you "holding" US Dollars too? No. You're saving some and spending some.

Bitcoin is a currency so use it like a currency. If you're already doing that you should use better terms to describe what you're doing.

Holding coins may likely keeping it and waiting for it to have a good price and maybe selling it.
I do both I keep and also spend some dollars.

I hold and use bitcoin. I use bitcoin so that it act as a kind of currency. This will increase the value of bitcon in the future.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 12, 2015, 09:34:53 AM
When you're "holding" Bitcoin it tells me you're planning to sell them at a higher price. You're just holding them for now with no purpose behind it.

Bitcoin is a currency so use it like a currency. If you're already doing that you should use better terms to describe what you're doing.

Holding bitcoin is a good move.  If the price goes high, then you can sell them.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2015, 08:15:39 AM
Holding bitcoin can only serve us to a point. I prefer all the little bits I have to put them to work for me and create me more bitcoin because Bitcoin is a volatile entity. If you have it just sitting somewhere it is more risky to hold. If you have it working for you then you have a chance to grow your pot as it were.

I am trying to find ways or places when to invest bitcoin but I'm not finding no one secure. You write that you put in work those (for more, are little bits, which is more difficult to be used because normally the sites which accept investors prefer and ask much higher amounts). Can you share here some places or sites (but secure) where can be invested in little amounts?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
October 12, 2015, 02:03:19 AM
Holding bitcoin can only serve us to a point. I prefer all the little bits I have to put them to work for me and create me more bitcoin because Bitcoin is a volatile entity. If you have it just sitting somewhere it is more risky to hold. If you have it working for you then you have a chance to grow your pot as it were.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
October 09, 2015, 03:42:42 PM
I think its not a good idea to hold your bitcoins as its little risky. You can hold 30 or 40 % of your bitcoins which is safe. Bitcoins price is way too volatile! I would not buy BitCoin, but I do get small amount of BitCoin and will hold it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
October 08, 2015, 08:33:49 AM
holding bitcoin is time investing for me to wait some months for prices to go high and low but will surely go up once
halving happens next year
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 08, 2015, 04:13:34 AM

Holding bitcoins is better than selling it away because in this way we'll be able to save some of it and release it when the price is right.

only if you're waiting for a better price selling is healthy for the market, it promote usage, which is good for bitcoin and its exposure to the average joe
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
October 08, 2015, 12:54:14 AM
Holding until my mom knows how to use BTC....then spending when that happens

I like your thought if you say for your 1 year old kid. Because bitcoin would be more beneficial for your children. You may be joking on your mom's internet knowledge. But I see holding bitcoin with a target is a good thing for the holder as well as for bitcoin community.
Activity: 144
Merit: 101
October 07, 2015, 11:38:00 PM
Holding until my mom knows how to use BTC....then spending when that happens
Activity: 168
October 07, 2015, 10:32:00 PM

Of course there is a purpose of holding the coins, to sell it when the price is right and I know it will rise soon.
October 07, 2015, 10:08:14 PM

Holding bitcoins is better than selling it away because in this way we'll be able to save some of it and release it when the price is right.
Activity: 154
October 07, 2015, 08:21:54 PM

Holding coins may likely keeping it and waiting for it to have a good price and maybe selling it.
I do both I keep and also spend some dollars.
October 07, 2015, 08:04:13 PM

I guess holding on the coins and waiting for a good price to come is not a very bad idea.
I would do the same if I have coins, not just hold but also add some more of the coins.
Activity: 196
October 07, 2015, 02:50:55 PM
There's a difference between USD and bitcoin..
US dollars are not volatile and has never shown a potential that has been shown by bitcoin in the past as bitcoin prices rised 10 times it's price in couple of days..that's why in the hope of having those days again i hold bitcoins..I also hold bitcoins so that i can buy products which are available now for bitcoins at much cheaper price in the future Wink
Activity: 182
October 07, 2015, 01:54:28 PM
Holding any foreign currency is a speculative move, sometimes you gain, sometimes you lose, and holding domestic currency is a sure way to loss long term wise. Holding bitcoin short term is no different than holding a foreign currency, but long term wise the perspective is brighter

I agree with him 100%. It's all about the gains you make relative to your base currency!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 07, 2015, 12:22:37 PM
Holding bitcoin can be based on two thoughts 1. for long run for their retirement purpose 2. Short run just like a trader. The short run traders will hit their heads when the price moves beyond their selling prices like in 2013 many people did. Long run people will face situations like today we face, fall after big bounce.

You are obviously confusing one-off traders with day traders
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
October 07, 2015, 12:19:03 PM
Holding bitcoin can be based on two thoughts 1. for long run for their retirement purpose 2. Short run just like a trader. The short run traders will hit their heads when the price moves beyond their selling prices like in 2013 many people did. Long run people will face situations like today we face, fall after big bounce.
Activity: 686
October 05, 2015, 08:43:45 AM
you will not only be holding bitcoin. you have to move and get more bitcoin.
Activity: 150
October 05, 2015, 05:16:12 AM
There are probably better assets to be 'held' in the near to middle term than Bitcoin.

However if you're bullish long term, it's still probably better to put your money else where and watch that grow, then come back to Bitcoin when we finally have a confirmed bullish run.

On the other hand, Stock markets have the crazy bullish runs we hope to see in Bitcoin every decade or so. Perhaps the next run will occur in a much longer time frame than we all expect.
Pages:
Jump to: