Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on the price of btsx ? aka Bitshares X - page 2. (Read 6215 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 502
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitshares-x-now-trading-675455

Looks like the exchanges are still not allowing deposits or withdrawals so valuation is based upon their small collection.  Let's see what happens over the next week since the wallet is now available for download.  http://www.dacsunlimited.com/index_en.html
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

I am not sure what the ETA for Bitshares X.  It is getting close.

As far as updates, this is the best place for resources http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Status_Updates
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
in recent days, some people talk about bitshares, invest there and etc
is it profitable anyway? I never heard bitshares before

There has been a push because the donation period is running out.  Some members of the Bitshares community wanted to get as many people onboard as possible. 

Bitshares X, the decentralized exchange is coming around soon.  The first release will not have the key features that make it different from other exchanges, but they're working on the final stages before a release.

Bitshares X may or may not work out.  If it does work, it has a huge potential that rivals potential I see anywhere else currently.  (With the possible exception of BTC itself)

THere has been an unfortunately delay while the Bitshares dev team has worked on an improved network consensus algorithm (Delegated Proof of Stake).  Dan Larimer is active in trying to find the best solutions he possibly can by taking input from a variety of sources.  That is different than the approach others have taken.  I believe in the end it will result in a better product that addresses many of the weak spots in competition.
decentralized exchange would be good feature, i'm sure many trader will use it instead centralized one
any ETA when will Bitshares X release in the future?
and where can i read any progress about this development?

There has been a push because the donation period is running out.  Some members of the Bitshares community wanted to get as many people onboard as possible.  

Bitshares X, the decentralized exchange is coming around soon.  The first release will not have the key features that make it different from other exchanges, but they're working on the final stages before a release.

Bitshares X may or may not work out.  If it does work, it has a huge potential that rivals potential I see anywhere else currently.  (With the possible exception of BTC itself)

THere has been an unfortunately delay while the Bitshares dev team has worked on an improved network consensus algorithm (Delegated Proof of Stake).  Dan Larimer is active in trying to find the best solutions he possibly can by taking input from a variety of sources.  That is different than the approach others have taken.  I believe in the end it will result in a better product that addresses many of the weak spots in competition.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
It is best to abandon Bitshares

Why do you say that ? 

Usually people with a valid point at least make an attempt to back it up.  Sad
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
It is best to abandon Bitshares
Activity: 8

I've been slowly investing a little in crypto.  A friend told me about NEM and I already had some BTC.  I've been reading a bit about Bitshares.  I'm still somewhat confused.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bitshares is a decentralized exchange that has classes of assets beyond the typical crypto based assets?  Somehow they manage to mirror value of commodities etc ?

It seems you can also invest in Bitshares by donating to Angelshares which gives you a stake in all future Digital Autonomous Companies ?  Then there is also Protoshares that does the same thing but you can sell Protoshares ?
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
It's a twofold problem:

A) The exchanges can only trade their stake (stake that was held by them during snapshot). Once the chain is released others can transfer funds and sell on theses exchanges too which increased the supply. Price should fall
B) Once the blockchain is out, investors realized that it's no vapor ware start investigate and might see potential (I do). Thus they buy into BTSX. This should increase the price.

The bigger (longterm) question is which party has more stake/interest in BTSX!

I'm curious if anyone has any views on the market valuation of btsx ?

So there was a snapshot of the PTS and AGS funds on February the 28th.  From that snapshot Bitshares X is being created which will be the end all of exchanges.  Collateralized assets that use market pegging to maintain their price accuracy +  longs, shorts, and options.  

So because of the snapshot, bter and btc38 (2 exchanges) are both able to trade the BTSX that was snapshotted from their Bitshares-PTS holdings on Feb 28th.  So the BTS-X (shares in Bitshares X) are liquid within these exchanges creating a bona-fide market.

I am curious to hear people's opinions on this.  What do you expect the valuation to be once it has been released ?
Pages:
Jump to: