Pages:
Author

Topic: Thoughts on Zcash? - page 22. (Read 123362 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
April 26, 2017, 02:40:25 AM
Dev of Z cash wants in on the Blocknet Decentralised exchange: https://twitter.com/zooko/status/854841822417498113

If that is implemented, that is good for the trading.

Yes that is a good news for all the traders who are holding Zcash but there are literally no pumps or dumps and fluctuations in the market of Zcash. The starting price was too high with respect to Bitcoins and mining of Zcash may be profitable right now.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
April 26, 2017, 02:05:59 AM
Dev of Z cash wants in on the Blocknet Decentralised exchange: https://twitter.com/zooko/status/854841822417498113

If that is implemented, that is good for the trading.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
April 20, 2017, 04:12:40 AM
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2017, 01:50:31 PM
It seems their non-issue FUD paper on XMR put out by an "academic" on their team (hello, conflict of interest, and hello desperation) may have resulted in cheaper XMR. If this is the cause, I suppose thanking the Z-team is in order since I just bought a nice order of XMR at a nice price...all without having to trust any people in a trusted setup.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
April 19, 2017, 12:15:05 PM
At this point Zcash only exists to reimburse Zcash developers for constructing SNARKS.

Once Ethereum incorporates SNARKS there will be no use for Zcash. As Zcash started high and terminated low, it's short existence will have paid for everything.

Thus, everyone wins. (As long as you don't buy).
+1. Anyone buying into Zcash must be ignorant of this fact.

Snarks means that with smart contracts zcash transactions can be integrated on ethereum blockchain. It is like an independent exchange so that the users can choose to create anonymous tokens and verify Zcash transactions on the Ethereum blockchain. I don't see how this is bad for zcash, since it will generate more demand for zcash. Read here https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/01/19/update-integrating-zcash-ethereum/. This reminds me of DAO tokens which convert to ethereum. The only problem could be if there is a vulnerability used by some hacker like DAO, which is quite probable since even now zcash wallet has a ddos vulnerability, monitored closely by the developers. However, the
'bad' news didn't affect the price and even a big pump occured yesterday (again).

After integration, will ZEC still be anonymous?
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
April 15, 2017, 01:40:29 AM
At this point Zcash only exists to reimburse Zcash developers for constructing SNARKS.

Once Ethereum incorporates SNARKS there will be no use for Zcash. As Zcash started high and terminated low, it's short existence will have paid for everything.

Snarks means that with smart contracts zcash transactions can be integrated on ethereum blockchain. It is like an independent exchange so that the users can choose to create anonymous tokens and verify Zcash transactions on the Ethereum blockchain. I don't see how this is bad for zcash, since it will generate more demand for zcash. Read here https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/01/19/update-integrating-zcash-ethereum/. This reminds me of DAO tokens which convert to ethereum. The only problem could be if there is a vulnerability used by some hacker like DAO, which is quite probable since even now zcash wallet has a ddos vulnerability, monitored closely by the developers. However, the
'bad' news didn't affect the price and even a big pump occured yesterday (again).
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
April 14, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
April 14, 2017, 01:31:01 PM

Activity: 266
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
April 14, 2017, 01:30:50 PM
It's all insanely brilliant mathematics, but I suspect that in the long run, Zec will go down as the world's greatest ever proof of concept and little more than that.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
April 14, 2017, 01:22:44 PM
Indeed, we can expect pump and dumps with this coin continue. Zcash been popular when it started and reach the point of 1500$ if am not wrong. Right now the price can be changed also really fast by traders and i think it can get faster to that point again then other altcoins. But as i said it will change only if traders would be intersted on that to make it worth more

When it started, the price was more than a few thousand bitcoins.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
April 14, 2017, 12:28:51 PM
Indeed, we can expect pump and dumps with this coin continue. Zcash been popular when it started and reach the point of 1500$ if am not wrong. Right now the price can be changed also really fast by traders and i think it can get faster to that point again then other altcoins. But as i said it will change only if traders would be intersted on that to make it worth more
legendary
April 14, 2017, 07:04:34 AM
zCash is getting market support. zClassic and zencoin will also be interesting.

Zcash has never lost its market support to begin with. It's predecessor zClassic may get the same kind of support at some point as it continue to develop.
Zcash worst enemy is Zcash itself. High start price, more coins mined and dumped by the miners will put Zcash in a for ever bear market unless the demand will increase. That why Zcash is always decreasing and sometimes it pumps

Every 'big' mining coin has periods of bear trend. This is the time the mining and trading whales accumulate huge quantity of the coin. Then they spent some bitcoins to start a 100-1000% pump so they sell at that price. This is the story of eth, etc and now zcash. Since 24 Feb Zcash is in bull trend. This was anticipated and predicted by informed people on some forums. I didn't believe and now I regret it. Moreover, zcash is supported by Ethereum developers, which plan to integrate it on their blockchain for anonymity in near futue. https://btcmanager.com/devcon2-update-zcash-integration-scaling-and-adoption/
Activity: 392
April 13, 2017, 09:15:07 AM

Zcash has never lost its market support to begin with. It's predecessor zClassic may get the same kind of support at some point as it continue to develop.
Zcash worst enemy is Zcash itself. High start price, more coins mined and dumped by the miners will put Zcash in a for ever bear market unless the demand will increase. That why Zcash is always decreasing and sometimes it pumps
Activity: 444
April 12, 2017, 02:03:11 AM

Activity: 560
April 11, 2017, 06:35:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
April 11, 2017, 05:39:32 PM
Here's all you need to know: https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/793584540891643906     Backdoor.

While there is no evidence the back door does not exist, and never will be, there is also no evidence that a backdoor does exist.

It is my belief that the Zcash team was honest in their attempt to make the trust ceremony as transparent and trustless as possible. You either have faith in this or not.

The free market is showing that it has faith that at least 1/6th of the people involved in the ceremony destroyed the toxic waste effectively by giving Zcash a $65 million dollar valuation.

Naysayers can continue to attack the validity of the ceremony, but so far... the free market has spoken.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2017, 05:20:04 PM
Here's all you need to know: https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/793584540891643906     Backdoor.
Activity: 909
Merit: 508
April 11, 2017, 01:55:14 PM
Is it a good investment guys? I feel like stuck because since I got some, its been going down at polo.
Will I ever be able to recover? Any idea of a pump any time soon?

My guess is that zcash (zec) will reach 0.1 btc by the end of the year tops (most probably in 3-4 months). Looking at what happened to monero, ethereum (ETH) and ethereum classic (ETC) I see a similar pattern. ETH and ETC were dropping for months until they exploded. Who could know that when ETH was again at 6$ it will become 50-60$ after only 3 months. But this all has its explanation. The big mining whales have resources to cause 100-1000% increase of the price. So I guess the 100% increase of ZEC that already happened won't be alone. At least I hope so because I bought back all my mined ZEC.

ZEC is continuing its developments. And it has some solid backing so it will really increase back soon. With the help of some whales it might fast track sooner than expected.

I think the price is quite stable recently.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
April 05, 2017, 02:32:53 PM
Is it a good investment guys? I feel like stuck because since I got some, its been going down at polo.
Will I ever be able to recover? Any idea of a pump any time soon?

My guess is that zcash (zec) will reach 0.1 btc by the end of the year tops (most probably in 3-4 months). Looking at what happened to monero, ethereum (ETH) and ethereum classic (ETC) I see a similar pattern. ETH and ETC were dropping for months until they exploded. Who could know that when ETH was again at 6$ it will become 50-60$ after only 3 months. But this all has its explanation. The big mining whales have resources to cause 100-1000% increase of the price. So I guess the 100% increase of ZEC that already happened won't be alone. At least I hope so because I bought back all my mined ZEC.

ZEC is continuing its developments. And it has some solid backing so it will really increase back soon. With the help of some whales it might fast track sooner than expected.
legendary
April 02, 2017, 10:23:10 AM
Hey Guys
Can i mine Zec with my rx 480  8gb nitro+

and what mhs per card it will give me

Thanks  Smiley

Yes you can, but I think these cards are more profitable for ETH or ETC if you pay the electricity. Check out the mining calculator http://whattomine.com.
Pages:
Jump to: