Pages:
Author

Topic: Threats to inflict bodily harm - page 2. (Read 727 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
December 23, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

The rules are unofficial. I think it’s there as a preventative thing rather than something definitive. It’s up to mods discretion.
I’m not sure there’s much to the mods on protocols on dealing with this stuff. Implying a threat is still a threat though.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
December 23, 2018, 02:15:54 PM
I agree with that, but they said that they can, not that they will or have any plans to do so. Offering somebody a makeover is not a threat, or simply stating that you have the capability to do something is not stating that you will. I'm genuinely not trying to justify this guy saying what seems to be a veiled threat, but sometimes you want to see something so badly that you fool yourself into thinking it is there.

I would put this user on your ignore list, document the incident as you have and then move on. People are big talk on the internet and more often than not it is somebody being emotionally immature.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
December 23, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
From the link you posted I think the individual is annoyed with the project being a lie and still come again with more lie well there is nothing you can hold against him he never used any threat words except you are reading other meanings to it
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
December 23, 2018, 01:03:43 PM
I'm not quite certain of the context of the message though. Is the person who posted it associated in any way with "the very rich serbians." Otherwise, it's equivalent to someone speculating what another party may do.
legendary
December 23, 2018, 12:54:31 PM
Yes, I'm sure that what they are implying is that they want to treat the person with an ugly face to a makeover.  Roll Eyes

That's the problem though, if he explicitly said
can find you and make some makeover to your ugly face
would you then see it as a more acceptable statement? A bad joke and a threat can come across similarly on the internet. The problem is with the reasonable doubt planted within the statement, which very well may have been the ham-fisted purpose of the wording. I'm not condoning this kind of rhetoric, but whether he meant makeover, surgery or physical harm doesn't seem clear. For this reason, I'm completely clueless how it will be interpreted in relation to the rules/guidelines.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
December 23, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
Yes, I'm sure that what they are implying is that they want to treat the person with an ugly face to a makeover.  Roll Eyes

legendary
December 23, 2018, 12:38:38 PM
I don't see any threat to inflict bodily harm. Am I missing something? All I see is an insult, "ugly" and a location "Serbia".

I stand corrected, I was reading it incorrectly; very incorrectly! He is talking about finding someone in Serbia and making a "correction" to their face. Sounds like a physical threat and I apologize for comprehending that incorrectly the first time around. Although, I would say that is less explicit than the moderators/staff might like for an actionable offense; I don't see this happening very often around here so I'm unsure of exactly where that line is.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
December 23, 2018, 12:35:59 PM
Pages:
Jump to: