Pages:
Author

Topic: Tim Draper Encourages Argentina’s President to Legitimize Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 181 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
His terms are somewhat unacceptable and one-sided, and I don't think Macri will even try to negotiate or look into his terms. Argentina is doing fine with their economy, though I must agree with Tim Draper that legalizing and legitimizing the bitcoin industry would somewhat open up a larger door for their economies should bitcoin boomed and a lot of businesses and investors start investing in Argentina and not just Tim Draper alone. It will need a lot of work from Tim to actually convince Macri, and one can only hope for a positive response from the Argentinian president.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148

"We were speaking of Bitcoin and the devaluation of the peso, and I proposed a bet: if the peso would be valued more than Bitcoin, I would double my investment that I was making for the country. But if Bitcoin gained a higher rate than the peso, they would have to declare it as a national currency. That would be a perfect decision, as there's a lack of confidence in this coin.”
What's the point in comparing a single peso with 1 bitcoin? It is the same as investing 100$ into bitcoin or ETH. From investment point of view there is no matter what is the current price. THe only thing that matters is a % of future growth.
Also central banks are not trying to deflate the price of their currency so crypto is not that relevant to the global economy.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
"We were speaking of Bitcoin and the devaluation of the peso, and I proposed a bet: if the peso would be valued more than Bitcoin, I would double my investment that I was making for the country. But if Bitcoin gained a higher rate than the peso, they would have to declare it as a national currency. That would be a perfect decision, as there's a lack of confidence in this coin.”

With the current economy of Argentina, of course, it's impossible that the Argentinian currency would value more than bitcoin. Economic managers in the president's cabinet would think carefully about this. If they make the bitcoin as their national currency then they might get some sanction among the world leaders.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Timothy Cook Draper, an American venture capital investor and renowned Crypto bull Tim Draper advocates Argentina’s president to legitimize the utilization of Bitcoin (BTC) to improve the current economic circumstances in Argentina.

According to the sources the venture capitalist had a meeting with Argentina’s president Mauricio Macri on March 22 ahead of a Fintech and Blockchain summit organized by Argentine fund, Draper Cygnus. They discussed about economic prospects of the Latin American country and various approaches to improve the economic situation of the country by adopting bitcoin.

During the meeting Draper proposed various measures that can be adopted to improve Argentina's economy. He mentioned about the potential options such as blockchain and crypto. He added that if bitcoin gained a higher price than the national currency peso then bitcoin should be declared as a national currency.

According to him bitcoin and associated technologies, such as blockchain, smart contracts, payment channel networks and open nodes will provide complete changes in banking, commerce and financial systems.

Draper told sources,

He attended an interview with journalist María Julieta Rumi following the meeting with the President. In the interview Draper explained his pro-crypto opinion and he cited that he believes Bitcoin and blockchain are even a greater revolution than the internet.

He opinionated if Argentina legalize bitcoin and deploy blockchain it would provide a complete revolutionary transformation of Argentina’s economy. He explained that if people are able to use bitcoin with ease like fiat currency then they would probably choose bitcoin for all the transactions as it is“decentralized and open, frictionless and global.”

“If the peso is valued more than Bitcoin, I double the investment I am making in the country; and if Bitcoin acquires more value than the peso… that would be a perfect solution because there is no confidence in the currency,” he added.

He even shared his bullish attitude towards bitcoin and predicted within the next 3 to 4 year bitcoin will be worth $250,000

Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO has previously hinted about the establishment of a new fiat-to-crypto exchange in Argentina.

Track Latest Bitcoin Price at https://coinmarketfeed.com/coin/bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: