Pages:
Author

Topic: Time To Grow Up - page 3. (Read 2918 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 04, 2015, 10:22:12 AM
... a jr. member makes more sense than the devs. ...

"a plaque and platinum status is whack if you're not the baddest" Wink

By the way, I don't think that devs' intentions are anything else than good, but their judgments may have been overshadowed.
They are welcome to finally see the truth and help propel Bitcoin onto the next stage of its evolution.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 04, 2015, 10:08:56 AM
don't completely disagree, but don't see such an immediate rush needed.
Exactly. I agree that the block size limit needs to be raised and that other solutions are necessary as well, but we do not need to rush with risky solutions. There's no immediate need for the increase, and with the two upcoming workshops a solution should be found within this year (hopefully). That still gives us enough time to test and implement it before the halving.

if core stays, XT will be a distant bad memory very quickly.
I concur. If people stay with Core (a solution is implemented), the XT will be forgotten along with Gavin and Hearn.

Update:
Roll Eyes
Such posts are against the rules. Just saying.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2015, 09:56:09 AM
its really sad when a jr. member makes more sense then the devs. a dead simple to solution, temporary? sure, if you consider fixed for years (aka the foreseeable future) temporary...

come on devs, think for 1 hour then change one line.

not a sad as a legendary member backing the killing of bitcoin by an alt.

who's that?

my bad misread n deleted
k,

if anything is going to kill bitcoin it will be an array of forks forced out by the core dev team's indecision.  XT was a warning, time is running out.

don't completely disagree, but don't see such an immediate rush needed.

but if XT is adopted there will be a war.

if core stays, XT will be a distant bad memory very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 04, 2015, 09:52:45 AM
its really sad when a jr. member makes more sense then the devs. a dead simple to solution, temporary? sure, if you consider fixed for years (aka the foreseeable future) temporary...

who's that?

my bad misread n deleted
k,

if anything is going to kill bitcoin it will be an array of forks forced out by the core dev team's indecision.  XT was a warning, time is running out.
legendary
September 04, 2015, 09:49:32 AM

who's that?

my bad misread n deleted
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 04, 2015, 09:49:08 AM

who's that?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 04, 2015, 09:38:19 AM

legendary
September 04, 2015, 09:32:37 AM
XT means change yes changing Bitcoin for an altcoin.

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 04, 2015, 09:25:39 AM
Let's look at the symbols.

1) Bitcoin XT
Allows the block size to increase exponentially to the point, where home-based nodes will no longer be able to participate in consensus.
Wanna vote yourself out of Bitcoin? Great, this way! Head for the >> (e)X(i)T (check the actual logo).

2) Bitcoin Core
Wants to artificially cap the block size in order to popularize sidechains solution, which by design introduces systemic risks to a single transparent unified ledger, as it intends to take most of bitcoins out of circulation. "Bitcoin Core Released" anagrams to "deliBerate CoeRcions". That doesn't sound very good, does it?

3) Bitcoin as Satoshi created it.
Doesn't have any suffix, prefix or any other strings attached to it. That's the one that has a static limit on block size baked in, but big enough not to limit Bitcoin's growth until it is reached. I argue, that the path of the original true Bitcoin is the one, where static limit is raised to 8Mb.

If we look at the table below from the perspective of a block size increase, we will see one simple truth:

Option              Action               Result
Bitcoin XT       CHANGE           CHANGE
Bitcoin Core    NO CHANGE     CHANGE
Bitcoin            CHANGE           NO CHANGE

Sometimes things need to change in order to stay the same.
Note, that option [NO CHANGE -> NO CHANGE] doesn't exist, that's how evolution is built into the system.

Do we always need celebrity figures to provide it for us, to spoon-feed us everything we need?
How many of you have built the software you are running? The instructions are out there, it's not rocket science.

The path has been shown. Are you the ones to walk the talk?
Time to grow up.
Pages:
Jump to: