Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to short Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1669 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
March 22, 2017, 10:56:17 AM
Today prices are showing huge upside momentum hence we can expect prices continue its rarely and this time it may break $1300 levels to test $1350 and then $1400 levels before making any U turn. As per my technical analysis this is not the right time to short bitcoins.

The major exchanges are showing good volume in the buyer side which must be counted as the supporting sentiment among traders for another huge rally. This is happening after bitcoin Unlimited faces sudden crash problems, it is believed people will continue their support for bitcoin core and hence we can expect more investors to adopt bitcoins.

Price is normal in bitcoin and we must know price being volatile in the btc chart. Yesterday it touched 1100$ but today again it dump back to 1000$. We already started getting good adoption from 2014 to present that why we crossed plus value in the chart. Hope we should more adopters to pull the value up more than now. Just ignore the trollers a side.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
March 22, 2017, 10:33:25 AM
Today prices are showing huge upside momentum hence we can expect prices continue its rarely and this time it may break $1300 levels to test $1350 and then $1400 levels before making any U turn. As per my technical analysis this is not the right time to short bitcoins.

The major exchanges are showing good volume in the buyer side which must be counted as the supporting sentiment among traders for another huge rally. This is happening after bitcoin Unlimited faces sudden crash problems, it is believed people will continue their support for bitcoin core and hence we can expect more investors to adopt bitcoins.

Exactly. BU is still not reliable as of now too many bugs and exploits found on the system. That's why is better to support bitcoin now because it has its own problem also but not big enough to cause any sudden crash. Although bitcoin price is really unstable this past couple of days, but hopefully it will pick the price up to $1200-$1300 and stay there and close out the year at $2000. Also, it looks like a good amount of investor is putting up money in the bitcoin ecosystem maybe they think that bitcoin is a good investment now and a potential huge profit is on the horizon.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
March 22, 2017, 07:49:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
March 20, 2017, 06:38:23 PM
Profits should be taken at +$1200 levels. I personally am a long term holder plus an occasional trader. I am currently having a decent amount of fiat waiting for the moment the market starts heading down seriously. I will only start buying if the price happens to dip significantly below the $800 level. If there really happens to be a fork, then it will definitely sink below that level. If not, then no problem. Either way, I am well prepared for whatever the situation might be.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 20, 2017, 05:45:01 PM
i think is not good time this now you margin short bitcoin
because is very high in speculation, bitcoin price this now in level medium and stable price and flat price
can incraese high again or down
if good margin short if bitcoin price in level resistance price, this now bitcoin price in level pivot price or medium price
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
March 20, 2017, 05:27:22 PM
Is it time to short bitcoin? I think maybe it is...

Last month I wrote a post about a potential short squeeze coming https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-short-squeeze-on-the-way-1801024

Sure enough, the price sky rocketed to over $1,300 after that as speculation over the ETH increased and shorts were forced to cover their bets.

Now it appears we could be seeing the other side of the story playing itself out. With the industry divided about a potential split and a lack of catalysts to send bitcoin up to its next leg it seems like going short could be the next best bet. Only time will tell for sure...

I currently hold no potions long or short and will be watching from the sidelines as things unfold in the coming weeks.

There is a good article on Wall Street Journal but the system keeps deleting it, i'll try to post the WSJ page url with no link this time for reference

wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-price-plunges-on-fears-of-a-currency-split-1489949541
Pages:
Jump to: