Pages:
Author

Topic: Timelaps video of my 40 Mhash/s Scrypt Crypto Mine Construction - page 2. (Read 1896 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
xD yeah thanx, of course not 2014 Wink  Changed it to 2013. I mean, who still mines alts now, right?

BTW, somewhere I wanted to notice that:

after 4-5 month of mining, when I shut down the mine, 49 of 56 GPU were so mined out, at least 1 or both fans fell off, made loud noise or even worse.. I've sent them back "for repair" .. and.. xD .. the shop replaced me the cards for the initial money I paid, (after 6 months nonstop mining), because "the card is not available anymore and can not be replaced" .. ok, so I took the money.

This paid the electricity bill, kinda. 

All in all was a fun time, didn't pay off so far, financially. But hey:

2015: BTC TO THE MOON!

right?
Activity: 330
Merit: 252
Hey guys,
Last winter in Dec. 2013...

nice video. on youtube you wrote mining start dec 2014 - would be a good idea to edit this before we all call you crazy  Grin
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hey guys,

Last winter in Dec. 2013, I created a fairly large Scrypt crypto mine, consisting of 56x Radeon r280x GPU, built on 14 low end pc, everything packed on 4x 10$ low budget tray racks.

I recorded the build process and now finally had time to create a lil time laps video of the construction. Really relaxing to watch, IMHO.

The video can be seen here on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWF4niGQOo

Some facts about the mine:
- Power consumption around 16 KW/h
- Hardware costs: arount 25k US$
- GPU temperature, after January when it got above zero degree celsius outside, always over 90°
- Temperature of the room was so hot, when you went there, you needed to let out the hot air first, before you can stay in there, even with just a tshirt.

Some hardware spec:
- 56x Sapphire r280x GPU
- 14x AMD Sempron PC with 4 Gigs RAM, no disks
- 4x GPU per PC, with PCI-e extenders
- 1x650 Watt and 1x850 Watt PSU per PC (there were no 1.2kWatt PSU around anymore, a year ago, cause all of you wanted them I guess Wink)
- PXE boot setup to start the 14 diskless clients
- 2x32A and 1x16A power distributor boxes
- 2x big ass fans (12 inch?) per PC

I just wanted to share this with you guys, have fun watching my vid. hope you like it Smiley

Cheers,
b3n
Pages:
Jump to: