Pages:
Author

Topic: Tired of stale shares? - page 3. (Read 7066 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 04, 2011, 06:31:04 PM
What can I do with the "score", I've amassed?

The score is just for entertainment, it shows you what percentage of the top earns estimated reward that is equal to your estimated reward.

Payouts are purely proportional, and it's the estimated reward (and by extension your shares versus pool shares) that are of value to you.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
July 04, 2011, 06:14:27 PM
What can I do with the "score", I've amassed?
July 03, 2011, 10:07:54 PM
Big vouch for bit pit. I had maximum 0.3% of stales!
Today I had my miner run for some time and had 64 accepted shares and 0 stales!

Thanks for the support!

Also, here is a photo from one of our pool members, showing just how low his stales are:

Activity: 686
Merit: 259
July 03, 2011, 12:48:25 PM
Big vouch for bit pit. I had maximum 0.3% of stales!
Today I had my miner run for some time and had 64 accepted shares and 0 stales!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 03, 2011, 11:09:10 AM
Well, I might give this a shot in the near future as I'm kind of fed up with the bad stability of other pools. You might should add some more information to the website about how to connect (especially which port), as this can only be found in your thread in this forum. Also, for small pools it seems crucial to implement some kind of hopping-protection in my opinion.

EDIT: nevermind, found the port when adding new workers.
July 03, 2011, 10:16:40 AM
Tired of stales?
Tired of the lack of scalability of pushpool?
Tired of downtime?

Come checkout my pool (https://pool.bitp.it), it's entirely custom written in scalable Node and CoffeeScript. Since we don't use pushpool we can offer less stales than any other pool.

Whats this mean for you?

It means a more scaleable pool with less stales than any other pool. While some pools are getting 2%, 3%, and in some cases more. Our pool has virtually no stales. It is not uncommon at all for our members to have stales rates of 0.02%

Why should you care about stales?

Stale shares are a form of "artificial fee" that reduces a miner's earnings. If you are currently receiving a 2% stale rate with pool X and on my pool you're receiving 0.02%, all things being equal you will earn more BTC on my pool.

What have you got to lose?

We are an entirely fee free pool. Come give us a try, you literally have nothing to lose. Compare a week on my pool versus a week on your current pool and let me know what you think. I'd venture to say that you'll like what you see  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: